1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck on M logo after Gingerbread

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Timz, May 14, 2011.

1. Timz

Timz Lurker

Hello everyone.

My problem is that when I tried to install the leaked Gingerbread but after I installed the one of the parts the phone rebooted and it's stuck on the red M logo. I can't get to anything but the Bootloader but I don't know what to do after that. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it :)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. operant

operant Well-Known Member

Are you able to get into recovery?

3. jbhumph

jbhumph Android Enthusiast

Would a factory reset help possibly?

4. Timz

Timz Lurker

I think it's just dead now. It won't even turn on. Do you think I can fix it or Verizon will give me a new one ?

5. jbhumph

jbhumph Android Enthusiast

Pull battery put it back in, hold home and power for about three seconds, there will be a exclamation point with a triangle around it, hit both volume buttons at the same time, then select wipe/data factory reset with power button, let it finish and reboot. That should do it. If it doesn't, then you will need to SBF via RSD Lite

6. Timz

Timz Lurker

^ I can't get to that. I can only get to the BootLoader but it says my battery is low. I have a Mac if it narrows the fix options down.

7. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

if you can get to the Bootloader screen you can SBF back to Froyo...unfortunately you're going to have to get some power to your phone...your choices are...

1. Take your battery down to a Verizon store...ask them if they will allow you to charge it
    2. Find a friend that has an X...see if he will charge your battery, or swap with you while you flash
    3. find and buy a stand alone charger for batteries so you can charge the battery without the phone
    4. get your hands on a "motorola factory cable": which is going to require either making one, or buying one for like $50...

THEN...you're going to need either a Windows/Linux partition on your mac...or a friend with a Windows/Linux PC...

8. scottymedic

scottymedic Well-Known Member

same thing happened to me your gonna have to sbf back to .340 then after you sbf root it and go into bootstrap and reinstall the 3 .588 files then reboot should fix it i dont have the links for the sbf or the 3 .588 files but if steven is stalking the posts im sure he would be more than willing to supply the links or just put them in my post with his awsome jedi powers :p:p:p but ill try to find the links in the mean time unless steven beats me to it side note the instructions for the .588 leak say you have to use the droid2 bootstap i used the droid x bootstrap to put the .588 leak and the .595 leak on my phone

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews