• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck on M logo

sknoxx

Oct 13, 2010
OK i booted droid x running GB.596 rooted
Im REAL LOST stuck on M logo held power and home did the wipe data 3 or 4 times, no go
i tryed to get into the sd card but i will only list files A-d i can't do anything else
i have a mac but i can't follow any of what if read (i do have ADD so i siting here shaking and really freaking out

Please help if someone with a lot of knowlage i have a hard time getting my point across if someone would be kind enough it would help me if i could get a phone number
i could go to a pay phone

Please help i don' know what to do and i have no phone
have i bricked it what can i do

sknoxx

Your phone is fine as long as it turns on, someone will be along to help you get it booted up... You might want to read through the stickied threads at the top of this forum while you wait, it may lead you in the right direction.

I'm sending phone in for a replacement, can you unroot? I don't care if the phone works, i just wanted to get rid of any sign that it was rooted, i was having some minor problems before this happened, now i just want it replaced. I don't know how but my guess is if you rooted it you should be able to unroot.

Thanks
sknoxx

Upvote 0
Your phone is fine as long as it turns on, someone will be along to help you get it booted up... You might want to read through the stickied threads at the top of this forum while you wait, it may lead you in the right direction.

If i send it in (i think i heared somewhere not sure where) and if you save all contents of the SD card to your computer, then reformat the card so there are no traces of any rooted files.
2 days ago i did make a copy of the sd card to my hard drive but i don't know how to do that unless it means booting into recovery mode and selecting "wipe all data...etc"
So can you tell me how to reformat the card so there are no traces of any rooted files?

Thanks
sknoxx

Upvote 0
mine refuses to boot after sbf, i had to sbf because my phone went into safe mode for who know what reason. now it refuses to boot

did you do a data wipe after the SBF??

the only way to get rid of all traces of root would be to SBF. Follow this link http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ootable-linux-cd-soley-sbf-headache-free.html, its easy and you should have no problems doing it on a Mac (I'm also on a Mac and do it this way). After SBF'ing your phone, check to make sure SuperUser icon is gone.

this^^^

Upvote 0
the only way to get rid of all traces of root would be to SBF. Follow this link http://androidforums.com/droid-x-al...ootable-linux-cd-soley-sbf-headache-free.html, its easy and you should have no problems doing it on a Mac (I'm also on a Mac and do it this way). After SBF'ing your phone, check to make sure SuperUser icon is gone.

OK but the replacement phone does not come with an sd card, you don't send that back with phone.
When you send your phone in you have to keep the battery, the back cover, and the sd card
But dies the phone it self have any files that would suggest it's been rooted?
Doing the whole sbf'ing thing is something i want to avoid

I went into recovery mode to wipe data, did you "wipe data/factory reset", and "wipe cache partition

when you root the phone and i have the sd card (you don't send the card) there would be no sign or files to suggest it is a rooted phone?
Because i will get the replacement phone today it buys me 5 days, so if it is the best way is sbf'ing i can try it without worring and rushing thru it

When i get the phone and insert the sd card it still has the files that got me rooted plus i have a backup of of the sd card on my hard drive
can't i use those files, when i rooted the phone the only reason i needed to use the computer is to transfer the files to the to the sd card via usb.
So when i get the phone and all the files are on the sd card i can root like i did the first time, right?

thanks
sknoxx

sknoxx

Upvote 0
there is no avoiding doing an SBF if you are sending in a phone for replacement. It has to be done unless you want to pay full price for your replacement phone. And SBF doesn't affect your SDCard, it is essentially a complete wipe of your phone to a brand new, out-of-the-box state.

Got my replacment phone now i want to install GB
Before i start should i remove all the files from the sd card that have anything
with GB so i can start out fresh?

See attachment for list of files
And could you tell me or point me to a place with simple step by step that i can
follow. i don't feel i can do it becuse i get lost vert easly.

sknoxx

Attachments

• GB.jpg
    GB.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 81
Upvote 0
there is no avoiding doing an SBF if you are sending in a phone for replacement. It has to be done unless you want to pay full price for your replacement phone. And SBF doesn't affect your SDCard, it is essentially a complete wipe of your phone to a brand new, out-of-the-box state.

I just got the new phone avtivation went ok but now it 's doing the same thing "stuck on M logo" the battery is very warm .

I can't even boot into recovery mode

Why is this happining is it because of the files still on the sd card
Now im i getting a panic attackk

When i first got the phone it booted ok Dialed *288 to activate it's still froyo out of the box then when i started to configure the settings it froze also the battery was getting very hot.
And no on the power and home it stays on the M logo

What am i going to do, do you think it mite be something with the sd card?

Well the new phone is broke the home button is not working no click so now i have to send in the new one
i'll try a sbf, if you could discribe the steps and what should i see, if im doing it right so i don;t have to keep posting to you after each time to make sure i don;t screw something up

So far i have gone thru 7 Droid x's in 2+ months i wonder if there any other options Verizon can do for me, after 7 phones do you think Verizon owes me something other than send another replacement phone?

So now i guess i'll have to try a sbf on the phone i was sending back
Im hoping i can get someone so explain how to do this, there's so much info in forums like this my disability really kicks in and causes me to shut down so nothing gets done.

To start with i have the "1KDStaz0.9.iso"

When you burn the iso file there's a folder called boot which contain various files, is that correct? i use Toast so i drag and drop the iso into toast mount it and burn?

I need help
sknoxx

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones