1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Stuck on o2 Splash screen!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wingnutta, Sep 6, 2010.

1. wingnutta

wingnutta Active Member

Jun 26, 2010
    OK, i posted this question over on xda but so far it is unsolved. Hoping i have better luck on here as i have trawled thread after thread with no luck..

For ref this is the thread i started on xda..

[Q] What the hell has happened?? - xda-developers

Issue: Phone will not go past o2 splash screen

Cause: Have no idea - phone rang whilst on charge, went to answer, phone rebooted and here i am!

Repair attempts:

Batt out and reboot = fail

Into hboot/fastboot screen then select recovery = fail (hboot screen no probs but hangs on o2 splash after selecting recovery - never makes it)

Getting twitchy now.... :thinking:

Attempt unrevoked again with goldcard in = fail (unrevoked still waiting for device)

Try PB99IMG.Zip = fail (CID error (incorrect) even though goldcard is in???) Cid is O2___001 but dont know rom number as it was defrost... so cant attempt to make another goldcard incase mine is not working..

Thats where i am now... no matter what i do phone just goes to o2 screen and stays there!!! :eek:

If i could get unrevoked to see phone in hboot/fastboot screen i may be ok but have no idea how??

OR..

a pb99img.zip that will work and not give me cid error???

It is an o2 branded phone and i was rooted and running DeFrost 3.6 with no issues. I cant believe phone is totally dead and bricked.. Hell i dont even know whats wrong or what caused it???

Is there anyone that can help me please.. tearing my hair out here!! :eek:

ps running win 7 x64.. not brill with "pushing" ( took me forever to work out how to use the enableqxdm 0 command - but got there in the end) or linux but will learn quick if fixes the phone!

Advertisement

2. wingnutta

wingnutta Active Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Solved!!.. Please see the original thread for what i did :D

3. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Excellent. you pushed stock RUU to your phone. Have you re-rooted yet?

4. wingnutta

wingnutta Active Member

Jun 26, 2010
    I certainly have - was the first thing i did.. My sd card didnt seem too happy though so i have formatted it and put the contents back (I had the original problem again so thats twice i have done the original ROM back today lol). Have gone back to DeFrost too. I must admit its been a bit of a fiddle as certain things you need to do in order (ROM manager first on stock rom then root then partition sd card)

But i learnt a LOT today.. All good for both the future and helping others out if i can!

Tags: