• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck on splash screen

scotty85

Extreme Android User
Jul 25, 2010
roboprime said:
Hello. I hope you're still around and I hate to PM people but you seem to be the Inc2 guy around here. I am going crosseyed looking at all the forums and webpages trying to figure out my issue. I have used your guide to downgrade and then reflashed radio due to bootloop. I installed custom recovery, rom, and kernel. Worked beautifully but I got no cell service. Thought it would be a matter of reflashing radio but then the rom would get stuck on boot animation regardless of how long I waited. Then tried to flash cm7 and now it just gets stuck on HTC white screen. Not sure where to go from here and I can't seem to find a usable stockRUU or which one to even use to maybe go back to the beginning. Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again for your help.

via pm

first thing i would do is run an ruu. if youre revolutionary s off,you can run any one what you wish. for convience you could run the same one you used to downgrade.

the newest available seems to be this one: Shipped ROMs

if you need to extract "rom.zip" you can do so in this manner:
the .exe utilities can be finicky,so if you have trouble getting it to run, you can extract "rom.zip" in the following manner:
-start the utility
-check the "i understand" box to move on to the next screen
-hide the utility temporarily out of site
-search your C drive for "rom.zip". you will find it in a temporary location(it will be in a different spot each time you run the utility)
-open the folder location,and transfer rom.zip to a safe location on your PC.
-unhide and cancel the utility,youre done with it.
-rom.zip can be renamed to PxxxIMG and flashed in hboot,from a FAT32 sd card

i prefer to flash zom .zip in this manner,but you can also rename PG32IMG and flash from your sd card:
if youre working with a booted,operational phone,you can flsh the file in the following manner:

-open a cmd window

-change to adb/fastboot directory
cd c:\foldername
(cd c:\mini-adb if youve used any of my guides :))

-place the zip file you want to flash into adb/fastboot directory

-enable usb debug,disable fastboot,plug in phone

-check for connectivity
adb devices (should return serial number)

-boot to fastboot
adb reboot bootloader

-check for connectivity again
fastboot devices

-flash the file
fastboot erase cache

fastboto oem rebootRUU (will put you in ruu mode,black screen silver htc letters)

fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip (will send and flash the file. dont interupt it while the cmd window shows its writinging,and the green status bar is moving on the phone screen)

*sometimes a file will fail with a pre-update error. this is normal,just enter again:
fastboot flash zip zipfilename.zip
and this time it will finish

-when you get "finished" and "OK"
fastboot reboot-bootloader (takes you back to fastboot)

-reboot back to the OS
fastbooot reboot

you can use this if you dont have an operational phone as well. you just need to manually put the phone in fastboot(select from hboot menu) then skip the "adb" commands and start with fastboot devices

hopefully that gets you up and running :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones