• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck on System Recovery Screen

Sgarrett

Lurker
Feb 25, 2011
This morning I woke up and the buttons on the front of my phone wouldn't work (they would blink when I pushed them, but not go back/home/whatever.) The corresponding buttons on my keyboard worked just fine, though. So I backed up everything to my SD card, tried a factory reset, and then decided to try a hard reset.

However, I'm not stuck on the system recovery screen. It says:

Android system recovery <3e>

Samsung Recovery Utils
- for BML -

Enter: OK Key, Select: Vol UP / Vol Down
reboot system now
apply sdcard:update.zip
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

# Manual Mode#

The only buttons that do anything are the volume/arrow keys. If I press the power button, the Samsung logo shows up, but then it comes back to this screen. Same thing if I take the battery out.

Any ideas what button(s) will let me select one of the options? I took my SD card out so that I don't accidentally wipe it.

Oh, and I just updated to 2.2 the other day...haven't had any problems with it. My phone's not rooted.

Hey,
I have got the same problem with my Samsung Galaxy 3, yesterday I accidentally came into the Samsung recovery utils menu, and since then I can't get out of it, I have tried many different things people have told me to do. I have also posted in another forum, if I can find a solution I will post it here! Hope someone can help us!

Upvote 0
I spend half of today searching for a possible answer to this problem, but I couldn't find any help. So I decided to flash my phone using Odin to a newer original firmware. I used a tutorial on xda developers forum. It worked perfectly fine, and now I have my phone back to normal, the only bad thing was that I lost all of my data that was not saved on my sd card. Hope this will help the other persons with the same problem. You can find a tutorial to flash on xda, also with original firmwares. If you can't find another solution this might be the last problem solver! Hope I could help :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones