• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck on the Droid Bionic red circle screen

It would be best to use the 902 fxz and the edited XML eye_dea linked you. I took out the erase userdata command for people that use stock and want to keep their data. I also removed the erase emstorage command so your internal sdcard will not be wiped either.

I would like to add the file to this thread http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-5-893-5-9-902-rsdlite.html if it is ok with you. If I unzipped the stock 902 fxz file, add the edited file and zipped it back up will it work? I would like to keep it a simple one file that the user can flash with RSDLite.

Upvote 0
I generally flashed a good cdt separately through the phone bootloader to get around this headache. I wasn't aware rsd was the problem. I assumed the locked bootloader just wouldn't allow the package to be "fixed".
Your solution is better by not going backwards. I've not had to go backwards from 904. That's a nice build with great battery life.

this is where samsung phones really shine. Flashing is easy on them though they tend to soft brick more often, even on otas.

Upvote 0
I would like to add the file to this thread http://androidforums.com/bionic-all-things-root/480176-how-flash-5-5-893-5-9-902-rsdlite.html if it is ok with you. If I unzipped the stock 902 fxz file, add the edited file and zipped it back up will it work? I would like to keep it a simple one file that the user can flash with RSDLite.

I think rsd might reject it. Try it. Maybe the xml format is more lenient than sbf. Otherwise you have to do it in steps. Unpack, modify, flash. I suspect the untouched one is there so people wont get confused and have a flash not work right. The danger is using the "nowipe" version if you are on a different rom and want to get back to stock.

Upvote 0
I generally flashed a good cdt separately through the phone bootloader to get around this headache. I wasn't aware rsd was the problem. I assumed the locked bootloader just wouldn't allow the package to be "fixed".
Your solution is better by not going backwards. I've not had to go backwards from 904. That's a nice build with great battery life.

this is where samsung phones really shine. Flashing is easy on them though they tend to soft brick more often, even on otas.
We were lucky with the 904 leak, it didn't have a cdt.bin

Upvote 0
Yes you may and yes it would work. Just make sure they know they have to be stock. If they use the edited XML coming from a custom rom, it will boot loop since the XML doesn't wipe userdata.

Upvote 0
Yes you may and yes it would work. Just make sure they know they have to be stock. If they use the edited XML coming from a custom rom, it will boot loop since the XML doesn't wipe userdata.

Thank you. I just merged the 2 files and will test it out on my bionic later today. I will then added it to that thread.

It worked. Uploading now. Went through the whole process and my bionic was just the way it was before. I would like to try this out on one that is actually boot looping.

Upvote 0
Thank you. I just merged the 2 files and will test it out on my bionic later today. I will then added it to that thread.

It worked. Uploading now. Went through the whole process and my bionic was just the way it was before. I would like to try this out on one that is actually boot looping.
I have and it works just the same. It still flashes all the images, just doesn't wipe data and sdcard. It only wipes cache.

Upvote 0
Could you fellas help me out?
I have a Bionic that sticks right after the Red Motorola circle goes out during boot up.

Phone is Verizon, All stock except for OTA updates to ICS.
It hung a few times, pulled battery(It was somewhat puffy but working still but replaced with new)
It wont boot with either battery, fully charged and plugged in.

Last time it booted up, it sat in boot mode for about an hour, worked for a few days and died.
How can I get this to boot?
Do I need to Flash it? Root it?(I will after I get it working as a project), but my main concern is getting the few files I need off of it.
I did NOT have an SD card installed, so everything is on the stock memory.

I have read all the different threads about flashing, RSD lite, etc, but I will be honest, I understand it, but it's over my head and dont wont to use the wrong flash file and wipe the data or brick it.
Is it possible to root with something like CyanogenMod, and save the data on phone? Everything is in stock directories.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Gabe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones