• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on the LOGO screen

Hussain_awad

Lurker
Feb 3, 2016
Hey there, I have had a strange issue, I have been using the m8 rooted for over a year and whenever I want to download updates, I change back to stock recovery download the update then go back to custom recovery.
However, this time I downloaded stock recovery, downloading the update , and when it finished installing It got stuck on the logo screen! I have read about this situation, but I have s-on and stock recovery!
Is it possible to install a stock rom using the stuck recovery? If possible I would really appreciate a help .. I'm a student and my phone has everything on it .. thanks

Yep. Since you switched between custom and stock recovery, do you have a TWRP backup you can just restore?

Can you access the bootloader and is it still unlocked? If so can you post so I can check:

model number
what OS version number shows up

Also, what carrier you are on?

Its unlocked yup
This is everything it says
M8_UL PVT SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-3.19.0.0000
RADIO-1.25.214500021.06G
And OS is 4.16.401.13

Doesnt have carrier international version

Upvote 0
Ok, at least we can get you a working phone again. But when you say everything is on your phone, what does that cover?

Process to get you a working phone again is going to wipe system, data and cache partitions, and although it should leave your internal storage intact we don't know if the OTA update has borked something. Internal storage is where your might have photos, docs etc saved.

Other stuff eg contacts will get wiped but if they are Google contacts will be synced to your account so should be ok.

You need to be prepared if there is stuff lost, but if you've exhausted trying the possible ways to boot the phone with no luck it may be the only way.

Upvote 0
Ok, at least we can get you a working phone again. But when you say everything is on your phone, what does that cover?

Process to get you a working phone again is going to wipe system, data and cache partitions, and although it should leave your internal storage intact we don't know if the OTA update has borked something. Internal storage is where your might have photos, docs etc saved.

Other stuff eg contacts will get wiped but if they are Google contacts will be synced to your account so should be ok.

You need to be prepared if there is stuff lost, but if you've exhausted trying the possible ways to boot the phone with no luck it may be the only way.
Yeah im over it i just need to get it working

Upvote 0
Ok, process is exactly the same as my post in this thread here:

HTC One M8 unusable!

but with one important difference, as you have different firmware - you have 4.16.401.13 - you need a different TWRP stock backup, and stock recovery in step 1).

The stock TWRP backup can be found in this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...8df272fddca77a57b9dd9b&p=60211235&postcount=2

scroll down to the long list that starts with CID HTC__001 and click on the show content button, and click the 4.16.401.13 download link.

Stock recovery [if you want to do these steps] can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...8df272fddca77a57b9dd9b&p=60211779&postcount=4

scroll down to the 4.xx.xxx.xx section, click on the show content button, and scroll down and click on the 4.16.401.13 download link.

Note in the prep steps, as a further check make sure that when running the "fastboot getvar all" command, Version-main also lists your firmware version as 4.16.401.13.

Upvote 0
And finally ...

Unfortunatly i dont have a back up, but the weird thing is when i connect it to laptop it says fastboot usb and laptop does the sound of connected device but fastboot doesnt recognize it

Lesson learned here, especially since you seem to be comfortable in flashing a custom recovery, seems pointless if you don't use it to do a full nandroid backup to your external SD card regularly. If phone gets back to a working state I'd recommend you do one straightaway as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones