1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Root Stuck on the Multi Color X reboot cycle

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by miracleman91, Sep 4, 2010.

1. miracleman91

miracleman91 New Member

May 18, 2010
    So, I was getting annoyed with Helix Launcher, and like an idiot, i decided to delete Helix Launcher from Root Explorer. I noticed that my home screen turned out to be gray and i could not be able to access it. The only thing i was able to do was Hold down the home button. So, I decided to reboot my phone and now its stuck on this multi-colored x endless reboot cycle. What can i do now? Is my phone bricked? I also removed the battery about 6 or 7 times but still no luck.

Advertisement

2. my1zamboni

my1zamboni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    General Manager
    maine
    If you had a backup done just enter recovery (vol down>call>end call) and install your backup
    If not, when mine did this I had to go back out to stock and start over for it to work. After that I back up ALL THE TIME, that was such a pain in the a$$ to do.
    Good luck

3. pastafarian

pastafarian P√Ętes avec votre foie

Nov 4, 2009
    Sales
    The Sea of Tranquility
    You should have uninstalled it, not deleted it. Your phone is trying to boot into a launcher that isn't there anymore. Booting into recovery (vol dn, call & end keys) and doing a factory reset should get you back to functioning. I know it's under "Advanced" in 3.1.1 SDX recovery, which you should have if you're rooted. I haven't used the stock recovery in ages, so I don't know where or if the feature is there. Worse comes to worse, you'll have to flash to a stock based rom using the updater. Either way, not bricked! Good luck.