1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck on version 2.3.4

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stat, Dec 21, 2011.

1. stat

stat Newbie

I have two Nexus S phones model # I9020T and I am having trouble updating one of them. Its still stuck on 2.3.4 and will not update to 2.3.6
    It always hangs at the Google screen when rebooting and I have to take the battery out and put it back to reboot and Im still at version 2.3.4
    This phone is only about 3months old so do you think Samsung will repair it or swap it for one that does update? The carrier where I got the phone is all out of them.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Do a Factory Reset to wipe the phone and then try the update to v2.3.6. This will remove everything on the phone including apps, etc., but it won't delete the contents of the "SD card" storage space. You will need to setup the phone again, but at least it should update.

3. stat

stat Newbie

Sorry I should have stated that you cannot get into recovery or do a factory reset they both just hang at the google screen when rebooted. I can get into the bootloader but thats it. The manager at the store where I got the phone said about 1% of the Nexus S that they sold wont update for some reason.

4. razvan06

razvan06 Android Enthusiast

Unlock the bootloader > flash a custom recovery image ,flash 2.3.6 > lock the bootloader ...your safe ! :))

Nexus S Forum

The Nexus S release date was December 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

December 2010
Release Date
Reviews