• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stuck on white screen (htc evo 4g)

yeah, but im bored lol well i guess i havent seen this law n order episode yet. now watch, ill get all wrapped up in it and not see the outcome till hes all fixed up. its usually the u.k. version of top gear that gets me that distracted, but SVU is quite the show!! hey ocn, remember like 4-5 mos ago when i was about as green as a fresh blade of grass? i can totally identify with what this guy is going thru lol
lol!!!!but now your a pro and very much appreciated.
I love you guys, it was the mod OMG....

and what mod is that might i ask? and what rom?

aslo i would really recommend that you not use rom manager and that you switch recoveries.

Upvote 0
I have cyanogenMod the recent one. Yeah that rom manger boned me big time. Its night and day using the stock rom to this one. It seems a lot nicer and gives the user more control. Only thing i cant do is get my damn google account to work. Screw my contacts i have google voice and sipgate if i need to find any1s number.

I will check out the other roms that you guys posted, im extremely intrigued in the differences between them.

Upvote 0
you need to flash gapps (google apps) which will require going back into recovery. if you dont have itMEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service here ya go

you flash it just as you did the rom. it installs the market too. if you dont know what i mean, try n launch the market, itll loop back to the home screen. this zip file flashed to your device will fix that :)

Reactions: thesssfactor
Upvote 0
you need to flash gapps (google apps) which will require going back into recovery. if you dont have itMEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service here ya go

you flash it just as you did the rom. it installs the market too. if you dont know what i mean, try n launch the market, itll loop back to the home screen. this zip file flashed to your device will fix that :)

Ooo Sickness Do you have to flash it to every new rom or just this one?

Upvote 0
is kernals that things you use to hook up your wii controller?

of thats it, thats my next step ;p

no kernels basically helps out with battery life. it controls how much power to use between software and hardware. if you ask me and doofus we would recommend that you try tiamat kernel. you can get it in my sig ref#2. also keep in mind that kernels do not react the same on every phone. what works for me and doofus may not work for you.

Upvote 0
well, cyanogenmod is an aosp rom, and for some goofy reason the devs(developers) dont include it in the rom zips. (im guessing its caused irreconcilable issues) but yes, its reqd when changin to another aosp rom, however you dont need rom specific gapps file, theyre universal for all aosps (well, all that ive encountered so far lol) so flash it via recovery, and youre about as set as you need to be, beyond gettin it tweaked to your personal liking. and btw, there are sooooooooo many ways to change things on these devices that you might even be unaware that these parameters exist. it can be a simple thing to have a new o.s., but it can be as in depth as you like too. if you wanna keep it simple, thats all good, but if you wanna flex the nerd muscle, we can direct ya to the right place

Upvote 0
wow I am really impressed. Screw Sprint os, Guess tomorrow @ work im going to be researching roms. Ty for all your guys help

any idea how to get swype as an keyboard on mods?

unfortunately unless you are in the beta program with swype or flash a rom that has swype in it, we are not allowed to provide the swype.apk. just sign up for it on there web site. cm7 will never have swype installed. however, there is a lot of roms out there that has it.

Upvote 0
what?!?!?!? are there effen red tape restictions preventing us from posting it? i have it on my hard drive.....

yep, i remember when the betas were rolling out people here and on other sites were posting them. then swype came down on those sites including this one pretty hard and so we are not allowed to post them here or any place else. lame i know. however, swype is officially on stock and most roms. not sure why the cm team does not include it in theres.

Reactions: youdoofus
Upvote 0
i know i love it, except that i haven't had the need to use it. so..... today i was driving from los angeles to santa barbara and was bored. so guess what i did? i watched jackie brown while driving!!!! i know that was a bad idea, but i wanted to give it a test drive(ha! get it?). and then guess what happend? ....... i got pulled over on the freeway for speeding. damn cops!!!!! netflix is awesome though.

Upvote 0
OMG!!! thats just plain ol TOOOOO FUNNY!!!! with the exception of the cops part :( yeah, i watch top gear on lunch hour at work, kills the battery, but i have a micro usb cord attached to muh work pooter, so whatever lol. i hope the fine wasnt too hefty bro-ski. Man, the stuff for android coming out as of late has my mind surprised that hasnt been exploded outta my head. The advent of technology recently is just AMAZING!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones