• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck OTA Update download

SlvrScoobie

Android Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2010
Trying to download the new GB update, but after a few attempts, of trying to stop it, my boss pulled the battery.
Now Ive SBF'ed it, but when i go to update, it says 'download in progress' but its been saying that, downloading the update for 6 hours now! No 'download' circle arrow icon thing is in the status bar either.
its killing the battery and not getting anywhere. Ive looked for update.zip and such, but nothing shows up. Still says its in progress with the SD Card removed.
Where is it downloaded to. Im hoping that I can get it to forget it and restart it fresh.
This is the 4th D2G hes had, and hes totally fed up with it

I'm having a similar issue. My phone says there was an update available from the Settings->About Phone. I clicked to start and the download just sat at 0% for hours. I tried rebooting and toggling wifi on/off and nothing helped. I also tried stopping the running Updater program and clearing its data, still doesn't help.

Now whenever I go to the System Updates in About Phone it says a download is already happening even though it's not.

Upvote 0
My droid bionic is also stuck in the download phase.

First it showed downloading in my task bar at 0%, with a wifi/peak hours message.

I restarted the phone when I got home on wifi and now there is no download status but when I go to system update in my settings it's downloading. Been stuck like this for a couple hours. I don't want to clear my phone. Any other suggestions?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones