1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck ringer bar. Phone won’t unmute

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Celestite, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Celestite

Celestite Lurker

The ringer bar on my Android is stuck. The dot is not blue but small black circle stuck to left if bar. The volume button on the left of phone is full volume. All the vibrate buttons are off. I’ve turned the phone on and off but phone will not unmute. HELP

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

was this all of a sudden or after an update? if rebooting the phone does not work then you might have to do a factory reset. if you do keep in mind that this will trip FRP (factory reset protection) and you will need your google acct info......so make sure you know your email and password you used when first setting the phone up. otherwise you will be locked out of the phone.

also keep in mind that you will lose data as well so make sure that you use Smart Switch to back everything up.

#2 ocnbrze, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Dannydet likes this.
  3. Celestite

Celestite Lurker

4. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Is the volume key itself stuck? That would be the simplest explanation. Try fiddling with the key.

5. Celestite

Celestite Lurker

yes - it's not the 'key' on the left side of phone - that works fine. it's the settings, ringer volume bar - it's the dot by that volume bar that won't move.

6. ocnbrze

@Celestite i think you tried to say
    is that correct? you can try another reset or you might have to reflash a firmware update. let us know if that is the route you want to go. if you want to go this route we will need your exact model number of the phone. the firmware update needs to be exactly for your specific model.

7. Celestite

Celestite Lurker

I'll have to get back to you on this. I don't have the time to do that right now. thank you

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. ocnbrze

ok let us know when you are ready. the main thing you will do is go to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and look for the firmware that matches your exact model of your phone. the website will have details on how to flash the firmware.....but you have us, if you have questions.

9. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs