• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck ringer bar. Phone won’t unmute

The ringer bar on my Android is stuck. The dot is not blue but small black circle stuck to left if bar. The volume button on the left of phone is full volume. All the vibrate buttons are off. I’ve turned the phone on and off but phone will not unmute. HELP
was this all of a sudden or after an update? if rebooting the phone does not work then you might have to do a factory reset. if you do keep in mind that this will trip FRP (factory reset protection) and you will need your google acct info......so make sure you know your email and password you used when first setting the phone up. otherwise you will be locked out of the phone.

also keep in mind that you will lose data as well so make sure that you use Smart Switch to back everything up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
was this all of a sudden or after an update? if rebooting the phone does not work then you might have to do a factory reset. if you do keep in mind that this will trip FRP (factory reset protection) and you will need your google acct info......so make sure you know your email and password you used when first setting the phone up. otherwise you will be locked out of the phone.

also keep in mind that you will lose data as well so make sure that you use Smart Switch to back everything up.[/QUOTE
happened after a factory reset

Upvote 0
@Celestite i think you tried to say
happened after a factory reset

is that correct? you can try another reset or you might have to reflash a firmware update. let us know if that is the route you want to go. if you want to go this route we will need your exact model number of the phone. the firmware update needs to be exactly for your specific model.

Upvote 0
@Celestite i think you tried to say

is that correct? you can try another reset or you might have to reflash a firmware update. let us know if that is the route you want to go. if you want to go this route we will need your exact model number of the phone. the firmware update needs to be exactly for your specific model.
I'll have to get back to you on this. I don't have the time to do that right now. thank you

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'll have to get back to you on this. I don't have the time to do that right now. thank you
ok let us know when you are ready. the main thing you will do is go to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and look for the firmware that matches your exact model of your phone. the website will have details on how to flash the firmware.....but you have us, if you have questions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones