• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck to my guns. My Behold II replaced with Samsung Vibrant

I am hoping for the same result. Got my B2 in January. When they sent the 1.6 update July 4 weekend, it failed and I could not access web or make phone calls. Everything else within phone worked. Got new B2 the same week and it had 1.6 on it. No problems, till this past week. Restarting on it's own, got so hot one time it burned my ear and screen go black when I touched it. Then Thursday night, it tried to restart again and would not get past "Behold" start screen. Had to pull battery to turn it off cause it was stuck in a state of limbo.

Have (seriously crappy) loaner phone and as recommended here, I emailed a very detailed and professional email to executive addy Friday afternoon. Been anxious all weekend waiting for Monday and hoping for reply or call. I also have Even More Plus and am concerned about what kind of response this will evoke.

Reading this leaves me a bit more hopeful now.

Reading through this thread, some received a solution immediately, others back-and-forth before a solution. I emailed on Friday at 12:21 pm. It is Tuesday 11:31 am. It feels like forever ago...4 days, but only 2 business days. Am I getting 'antsy' because of the weekend in there or should I follow with another email or perhaps a phone call?

I am also concerned that I bypassed regular customer care so the only record of having a loaner phone is at my t-mobile store and if there will be any problems. I just want the kind of phone I bought to work like it's supposed to, but looks like the B2 is not it. I rely heavily on this phone and feel like I could die using this 'generic loaner phone' (this is what the box says)!

Any advice??

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with executive customer service. They are replacing my B2 a new Samsung Vibrant that should be here Monday at no extra charge and crediting me a month of data plan since I have no access to these services with my loaner phone.

Sent email Friday and this morning (to 2 different emails). I called this afternoon and the woman I spoke with got Friday's email today since it was emailed/routed through VP.

She offered the Vibrant as a replacement before I could ask about it. I am very pleased with the customer service I received as she was profoundly amiable. I just realized she didn't even ask me to mail my Behold back. I'm guessing there will be a return package to mail it back? Dunno.

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with executive customer service. They are replacing my B2 a new Samsung Vibrant that should be here Monday at no extra charge and crediting me a month of data plan since I have no access to these services with my loaner phone.

Sent email Friday and this morning (to 2 different emails). I called this afternoon and the woman I spoke with got Friday's email today since it was emailed/routed through VP.

She offered the Vibrant as a replacement before I could ask about it. I am very pleased with the customer service I received as she was profoundly amiable. I just realized she didn't even ask me to mail my Behold back. I'm guessing there will be a return package to mail it back? Dunno.
For mine, I have to send it back on my own and I got a $10 credit added to my account for shipping charges.

Upvote 0
I've been going back and forth with Exec customer service for two weeks now over the BH2 and a TWICE promised service plan discount that they are refusing to honor.

Exec Customer Service is offering me a paltry credit in lieu of the discount and won't budge on the phone. I mentioned that other customers are getting free Vibrants, the Exec CSR just tells me that he "won't discuss arrangements made with other customers and it isn't relevant to my situation"

I told him that what T-Mobile does for another customer in my same situation is extremely relevant, but he said that was their offer and it wasn't going to get any better, I could take it or leave it.

Upvote 0
Darryl, try to email Robert Dotson's e-mail again and try to get someone else on your case. Apparently, thats what helped me when they remained adamant with their decisions. Do make sure to give them a polite excuse though. Apparently, thats how I got my CSR to call back with me getting a free vibrant. But, he won't credit the 10 dollar shipping for it :(

Upvote 0
For mine, I have to send it back on my own and I got a $10 credit added to my account for shipping charges.
SteveSlimer-She also gave me free shipping. My tracking number was texted to me earlier and it looks like I will get my Vibrant tomorrow instead of Monday! I helps when you live in the same state as the warehouse they're shipping from. :-D But still nothing about sending it back. Hmmm...

Upvote 0
Darryl, try to email Robert Dotson's e-mail again and try to get someone else on your case. Apparently, thats what helped me when they remained adamant with their decisions. Do make sure to give them a polite excuse though. Apparently, thats how I got my CSR to call back with me getting a free vibrant. But, he won't credit the 10 dollar shipping for it :(
Darryl, these are the emails I used. First on Friday: robert.dotson@t-mobile.com. On Tuesday morning, I sent another email referring to/copying my 1st: rdotson@t-mobile.com, executiveresponse@t-mobile.com. Then I called Tuesday afternoon.

Hope this helps! I found all of this info and links to this info throughout this thread.

Upvote 0
All I did was email robert.dotson@t-mobile.com and said that I was having problem with the battery life of the phone. And I also explained that I went through all regular customer support with out resolving my issue. So I recieved a call the next day from Ralph. Unfortunately, I did not take the call because I was working and so he left a message to call him back. I did not call back until he called me back a few days later, at that time I took the call and he assured me they would replace my BH2 with a Vibrant. I am a very happy person today.

Upvote 0
I mentioned that other customers are getting free Vibrants, the Exec CSR just tells me that he "won't discuss arrangements made with other customers and it isn't relevant to my situation"

I told him that what T-Mobile does for another customer in my same situation is extremely relevant, but he said that was their offer and it wasn't going to get any better, I could take it or leave it.

Wow, you probably ruined this whole deal for all of us. Why not just go ahead and send him a link to the forums? Thanks guy :(

Upvote 0

I asked to speak with someone else, the guy refused. Said that he was the highest level of customer service, there was no one above him that would give me a different resolution.

Upvote 0
Darryl, these are the emails I used. First on Friday: robert.dotson@t-mobile.com. On Tuesday morning, I sent another email referring to/copying my 1st: rdotson@t-mobile.com, executiveresponse@t-mobile.com. Then I called Tuesday afternoon.

Hope this helps! I found all of this info and links to this info throughout this thread.

Contatcted those addresses and then some in my most recent email.

If I have to send another email, it'll be addressed to the FCC and news agencies.

Upvote 0
Wow, you probably ruined this whole deal for all of us. Why not just go ahead and send him a link to the forums? Thanks guy :(

This isn't a slickdeal pricing error, and T-Mobile is aware that internet forums exist. I'm bothered because I've been a customer for eight years and have two legitimate beefs with the company. Newer customers complaing about just the phone are offered a free Vibrant, while I'm being told I have to buy one cash after already dishing out for the Behold 2 not six months ago. I called them on this inequality, like most everyone else would do.

Upvote 0
This isn't a slickdeal pricing error, and T-Mobile is aware that internet forums exist. I'm bothered because I've been a customer for eight years and have two legitimate beefs with the company. Newer customers complaing about just the phone are offered a free Vibrant, while I'm being told I have to buy one cash after already dishing out for the Behold 2 not six months ago. I called them on this inequality, like most everyone else would do.

who did you get?

Upvote 0
I got a "No" for free vibrant too, from Teresa. I was offered 3 options:

1. $170-$220 for vibrant
2. other phones for free: LG or blackberry
3. return BH II and cancel extension.

She simply said "vibrant can't be free". I didn't argue too much, didn't mention other people got it for free. I also sent two additional emails asking for changing CSR, no work. I think right now it really depends on CSR you get. I selected the option 3 and am ready move-on. alway there is new deal in future.

Thanks all

Upvote 0
I have been with TMobile more than 10 years. The number I asked for Vibrant was started in 2005. similarly to Mikoo, I got BH II for free, no data plan.

Shahn

They gave me Vibrant for free as long as I replace my BH II.

I did get BH II for free when I upgraded and I didn't have data plan either. I had my BH II got replaced couple of times but continued to have same problems and all was documented. Finally when I called Executive Customer Service, I was offered Vibrant for free without any trouble.

So try again and hope you end up talking to someone else who would give you Vibrant for free.

Good luck

Upvote 0
I got a "No" for free vibrant too, from Teresa. I was offered 3 options:

1. $170-$220 for vibrant
2. other phones for free: LG or blackberry
3. return BH II and cancel extension.

She simply said "vibrant can't be free". I didn't argue too much, didn't mention other people got it for free. I also sent two additional emails asking for changing CSR, no work. I think right now it really depends on CSR you get. I selected the option 3 and am ready move-on. alway there is new deal in future.

Thanks all

If they cancelled your contract just sign a new one here:

Amazon.com: Samsung Vibrant Android Phone (T-Mobile): $69.99

Upvote 0
darryl...can i ask why they told you no, on getting the vibrant?

They gave me no reason. They simply said that the offer they were giving me - contract pricing on a replacement phone (i.e. Vibrant for $199), and a paltry service credit to make up for the fact that they weren't giving me a discount that two different people in the company promised I would get - Was the only deal they were willing offer me. Ever.

Been a customer for six years, not on a contract at the moment, but I've given 'em $6K over that time. They don't seem to be budging, hopefully this week will see some action.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones