1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Stuck with device not found in adb shell cmd line

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aeonisme, Apr 20, 2012.

1. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

i have an issue i hope someone can help me with
    ***unlocked***
    supersonic evt3 ship s-on
    hboot-2.18.0001
    microp-014f
    touch panel-atmel224_16ab
    radio-2.15.00.12.19
    dec.21 2011, 12:50:32
    ive used the htc dev to unlock but now when i try and use the adb shell i get an error of device not found. i have andriod sdk installed and still no dice. id like to either get it fully rooted into the revolution 2.16 so that i can put mikg3.0 and the anthrax kernal on it.. currently on it is cm7.01 and amon ra 3.11... what happened after i unlocked and flashed cm7 and clockwork the first time around something happened with the radio i guess bcuz i wasnt getting any rings when someone called or texted me.. id get notifications to voicmails and text but my phone wouldnt ring.. so now im trying to fully root or at least get it back to stock so that i can at least use it... in the interim i had sprint activate my old phone so that i could recieve calls and what not.. so do i need to have sprint reactivate my evo b4 starting to continue the rooting process? or can i do everything first then reactvate? i need my evo back and ive looked everywhere for info to have the command line adb shell work again and nothing so far. i was using captain throwbacks tutorial from the mik mik forum.. everything was good untill telling the phone these codes:
    cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image [ENTER]
    chmod 755 /data/flash_image [ENTER]
    /data/flash_image misc /sdcard/mtd-eng.img [ENTER]

after the last code it started saying directory or files not found and they are on the sd card. phone was not seeing sd card at all.. then i found the cmd line code for the phone to read it again. so now good except i get the device not found in adb shell...
    anyone know whats going on with it??? thx

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    just to be sure, your phone is setup as charge only and also usb debugging is turned on, correct? and what about disabling fastboot?

aeonisme likes this.
  3. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

yes its in charge only and usb debugging is on and im assuming fastboot is off because i dont even get a fastboot choice, its not in the sub menu anymore...
    k now i just wanted to look in the settings to see if i could find the fast boot in the menus again and now the phone is stuck in boot loop, (first htc evo 4g splash screen)... arg

4. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

i can still go into recovery.. im gonna reflash cm7

5. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

well damn that didnt do anything..

6. ocnbrze

ok lets try and get your phone back to working before we can concentrate on going full root. you have a custom recovery that is good. do you know which one?

depending on which recovery you have there is a usb mount option. in amon ra 2.3, it is in the main menu under usb-ms toggle and in clockwork mod, it is under mounts and storage then mount usb storage.

lets try a stock rom and see if we can get a working phone first. so here we go:

1.download this rom:ss_stock_4.67.651.zip

2.connect your phone via usb and then mount the card depending on which recovery and then move the rom over to the card.

3.in recovery wipe dalvik cache, cache, and system

4.next select either install zip or flash zip(depending on your recovery) from sd card and select the rom.

hopefully that will work. once, we know that your phone is working then i would try again and see if you can get adb to work.

7. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

current recovery is amon ra 3.11

8. ocnbrze

i have not had the chance to try that recovery, but there should be a usb mount option so that you can move the rom over to the card and flash it.

9. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

ver 3.11 is just like 2.3 with some additions and i gather a better recovery than prev. ver. improvements and such..
    thank you ill try that

10. ocnbrze

just an fyi, your recovery is not an actual amon ra recovery. a dev has took the original amon ra2.3 and add his own touch to it. that is why it is called amon ra style revovery 3.11. it is not from the dev who made amon ra 2.3 and that is why i never tried it. i like amon ra 2.3 and i never had seen a need to venture away from it.

i learned my lesson when i tried TWRP 2.0 which almost bricked my phone.

anyways, let us know how that goes. once your phone is working then we can try and get you fully rooted.

11. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

k tryed it thru usb and phone to pc... no luck . had to take out sd card and put the zip on it then card back in phone and go back into recovery.

12. ocnbrze

what exactly happened? did it not see the card? was there an error?

13. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

i guess thats why there is a -gnm after the 3.11

14. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

no the pc didnt see the card.

15. ocnbrze

ok weird, there is a fix for that, but lets get the so that you can boot up. have you flashed the rom yet? can you boot up now?

16. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

im was gonna see about putting the actual real RA 2.3 on it. but maybe i should just see about this stock zip first... thanks will try now. wow ok it booted kool
    ive got home screen

17. ocnbrze

ok now that you have a working phone lets fix the usb issue.

so you will need these files:
    adb.exe
    fastboot.exe
    AdbWinApi.dll
    1. create a folder called android and then move the files above to the android folder

2.on your phone connect it to the pc via usb then power off then press and hold power+vol down. on the bootloader screen select fastboot.

3on your cmputer press and hold shift while right clicking on the android folder and select the open command window here option.

3.in the command window type:
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
    and then:
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot reboot
    hopefully that should fix the issue.

here is the original thread from xda:
    [ How-To ] Fix SD card not being detected & USB port not working - xda-developers

18. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

its still not charging when plugged in to pc. even in my device manager the phone doesn't show up.
    does it matter that my phone is not activated at the present moment? i turned it off and reactivated my old one so id have something while i try and get this fixed.

19. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

is there anyway we can IM ?

i get a qualcomm_cdma_technologies_msm no driver error
    i looked on xda and the only thing was to install a windows mobile driver update. but that didnt do anything either...

20. ocnbrze

You can google+ me if you like. But I won't be home until really late tonight. I have tomorrow off, however.

21. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

can u link me that article on sprint fixing rooted devices.. the store is giving me the runaround, also i need a stock sprint recovery, need to get rid of amon ra and go back to stock recovery..already have stock rom on it.. but the usb port is not working right, someone told me the sdk tools platform has a wifi tool and that would work but i dont see it in the platform i installed, not sure how the wifi would work other than the ability to place files on the sd card, since the port is wonky... it wont charge via pc or wall, only if the device is off does it charge.. i cant even get a terminal emulator installed via marketplace cuz i dont have network access.( reactivated phone and couldnt punch in espt code at the time with tech support on the phone cuz it was letting me open the dial pad.) sprint store says theyll order new unit when i can get it back to stock... any ideas

22. ocnbrze

here is the stock rom and recovery:
    PC36IMG_SuperSonic_GB_Sprint_WWE_4.67.651.3

basically rename the file to PC36IMG (do not add an extra .zip as windows hides extensions) and place the file on the root of the sd card. then power off and then press and hold power+vol down to get into the bootloader. the bootloader should be able to find the file if it is named correctly and placed on the card and not in any folders. select yes to update and you should be all good.

aeonisme likes this.
  23. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

is that the same one u gave me b4? oh i got it yes and no part of it yea but not the total pack

24. ocnbrze

correct, the one i gave you earlier was just a rooted stock rom with no stock recovery.

the one i just gave you is THE stock rom and recovery.

aeonisme likes this.
  25. aeonisme

aeonisme Newbie

will try this and good news sprint is sending me a new device in mail, but its on backorder. then gotta send this one back...so they can refurb it...then we'll see which bootloader is on the new one.. thx for all your help so far..

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews