• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stuck with my BB curve until July - what to do?

Hi everyone,

Please forgive me if this issue has already been addressed 50 times in another thread (in which case please point me in the right direction). I'm sure I'm not the only one so perhaps this thread could serve as a guide for others in the same (or similar) situation.

OK here's the deal. I am currently 18 months into my contract with Verizon, which makes me eligible for a NE2 upgrade discount on July 9th (my contract itself ends on Nov. 9th). I called Verizon this morning and tried every trick in the book to get them to move up my NE2 date but they wouldn't budge. Then I was told that I'm not eligible for the annual upgrade either because your calling plan has to be $49.99/mo or higher, while mine is $39.99. I then asked how much my ETF was and it is $85. However, according to the Verizon rep even if I paid the ETF and got out of my current contract, I still would have to pay full retail price for the Incredible!! So, unless someone can think of a way out for me it appears that I am stuck with my Blackberry curve 8330 until July 9th.

Should I just try to be patient and wait until July? If I wait is there a risk that the phone will no longer be available then due to Apple's pending litigation against HTC (i.e. could some judge put a stop to further shipments of the device to the U.S.)? It is going to be very hard having to wait, especially once everyone else on here gets their hands on it and starts posting how awesome it is :)

Phil

why would you have to pay the full retail if you terminate the line early?? That doesn't make sense. If you decide to terminate your line, you lose your number but that's it. Its basically cancelling your contract. Then alls you do is go to a store, buy it and get the 2 year upgrade price. I did this for a BB storm (yes I know, bad decision) and all I lost was my number but got to get the storm at the new 2 year upgrade price..

Reactions: buckeye113
Upvote 0
why would you have to pay the full retail if you terminate the line early?? That doesn't make sense. If you decide to terminate your line, you lose your number but that's it. Its basically cancelling your contract. Then alls you do is go to a store, buy it and get the 2 year upgrade price. I did this for a BB storm (yes I know, bad decision) and all I lost was my number but got to get the storm at the new 2 year upgrade price..

Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I thought when the verizon rep told me that! The problem is, I really would like to keep my current number. I never asked the rep this but could I add another line with the Incredible and then somehow transfer my number to that phone?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones