1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Student Information System for my University

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by iWannaLearn, Jun 1, 2017.

1. iWannaLearn

iWannaLearn Lurker

Hello out there, I'm trying to collect information about EXACTLY EVERY topic that I need to learn about in order to build a student information system mobile application for my university, (The system is already web-based, but what I wanna do is link it to a mobile app).
    - Please notice that I am a complete beginner here, and that my only experience is C++ coding for (Competitive programming).
    - I am willing to learn, work hard, and I'm desperately looking for help, I have no Idea where to start, so If anyone have some experience in this could show me the way to go, You have no idea how much I would appreciate it.
    Thank you so much, have a great day everyone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hi and welcome to Android Forums.
    To start with, have a read through this thread, which contains some useful information for beginners to Android

https://androidforums.com/threads/please-read-me-before-posting.987318/

If you haven't used Java before, then your first step would be to learn this programming language.
    Then download the Android development tools and familiarise yourself with these.

That should keep you busy for a while. Once you grasp the basics, you should start thinking about how to implement the student information system. Questions you should ask yourself are:-

1. Do I need an app? As the current system is a website, would you be better implementing mobile friendly web pages?
    2. If you do decide on an app, how will it it communicate with the server back end? I presume the existing system has a database.
    3. Related to 2), look into RESTful web services

But it really depends on the requirements of your app, so it's important to get this clear at an early stage.

iWannaLearn and mikedt like this.