• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Studydroid alternative and/or where are files?

Does the app still work on your phone? The company closing does not always mean the app stops, so this isn't as daft a question as it sounds.

I've never heard of the app, but the question is important because some apps store the key data in a folder you can see (such as your "studydroid" folder), but many keep their data in the "internal" /data/data/<app-name> area, which you cannot see without root. If it's the latter, you will need the app to access the data and hope it provides a way of exporting (and that you've not removed the app, because if you have then it may depend on whether you had the Google app data backup turned on in your settings and whether it's still possible to install the app).

Unfortunately with the app gone I can't test it and see what I can work out.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Does the app still work on your phone? The company closing does not always mean the app stops, so this isn't as daft a question as it sounds.

I've never heard of the app, but the question is important because some apps store the key data in a folder you can see (such as your "studydroid" folder), but many keep their data in the "internal" /data/data/<app-name> area, which you cannot see without root. If it's the latter, you will need the app to access the data and hope it provides a way of exporting (and that you've not removed the app, because if you have then it may depend on whether you had the Google app data backup turned on in your settings and whether it's still possible to install the app).

Unfortunately with the app gone I can't test it and see what I can work out.

Yes the app still works on my phone. And there is a StudyDroid folder on my phone. But when I hook my phone up to my Linux box, and look in the folder, the folder is empty. The data has to be on the phone somewhere, the StudyDroid folder would be the logical place. Why would they create a StudyDroid folder and leave it empty?

Maybe there is something in the StudyDroid folder, but it is not showing up? Some hiden files of something?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones