1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Stumbled on something else here...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by divinebovine, Sep 16, 2012.

1. divinebovine

divinebovine Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2012
    Was googling for specs so I can stop saying "I don't know, really low resolution" when I found one site calling it the ZTE Venture. A friend asked if it's the same as this:
    ZTE Style Q - Full phone specifications

Well, the first things I noticed different are GSM vs. CDMA and ICS vs. Gingerbread...hey wait, ICS? Neat!

I wonder if a ROM from the ZTE Q could work. Either way, I wonder if we can get more satisfaction from ZTE than from Alcatel, PCD, or Virgin Mobile.

I don't see anything kernely on ZTE's site, though there's a USB driver that might work without having to install PDANet:
    Devices - ZTE USA

Advertisement

2. slutyman

slutyman Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    there are no root forums as i can see how would we port the rom ;o

3. b_randon14

b_randon14 Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2011
    Pizza Delivery Driver
    Somerset, KY
    Plus with it being a GSM phone, it would be hard to port it as the ril setup is completley different!

4. slutyman

slutyman Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    but it can be done ;o is there another cdma android close to the venture to flash maybe the replenish we can flash a replenish rom or port

5. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Male
    wisconsin
    im not sure where on this site you found a driver for this phone....i looked all round. the link you gave, points to a drop down of phones, which does not include the venture.....i looked, at all of them

6. divinebovine

divinebovine Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2012
    If I had found a driver for this phone, I would have said "driver for this phone" rather than "driver that might work". I didn't mean to be unclear. I'll try to remember to explain in more detail...that's twice today I was unclear.

The one that says "ZTE_V768_Handset_USB_Driver.exe (3.40MB)" is what I was talking about. I figure being the same manufacturer it might possibly work. I have not tried it.

7. varenHjames

varenHjames Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Male
    wisconsin
    thank you for clarifying.