1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Stumped... Dialer won't stay open

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by frasej, Feb 12, 2011.

1. frasej

frasej Member

I loaded Liberty (following the directions closely) and it would never allow me to get out of airplane mode. So I reinstalled my original rom (from backup). Two things happened:
    1. The first part of the boot still says Liberty, though the rest of the boot process is back to normal with the Droid Eye.
    2. Dialer won't stay open. It opens up briefly then closes.

The phone will dial using voice dialing, but can't do anything with Dialer.

Am I screwed? If so, how do I permanently get rid of any trace of Liberty and back to a stock ROM?

Advertisement

2. frasej

frasej Member

I've got a D2G and those instructions/downloads are for D2. I can use the instructions but need a D2G SBF file.

3. NiceGuysFinishLast

NiceGuysFinishLast Android Enthusiast

D2G SBF

You'll have to do some googling, because the download link for RSDLite 4.9 in that thread doesn't work, but it's out there on the internet. Also, you HAVE to have 4.9, 4.8 and earlier don't work with the D2G's hardware. You'll also need the appropriate drivers from motorola's website, ESPECIALLY if you're using Windows Vista or 7, as neither of them seems to automatically download the correct drivers, whereas WinXP finds them with no issue. Finally, if you get a "please manually power up this device" message after it flashes, don't panic, just go to your notification bar and change the USB mode back to PC mode, and you should get a pass in a few seconds.

frasej likes this.
  4. frasej

frasej Member

I had gotten the SBF, but thanks for letting me know about RSDLite 4.9 as I had 4.8.