• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stumped Updating to 2.1

Zenshooter

Lurker
May 20, 2010
Im working on a Windows 7 64bit system. When I connect the Moment to the computer, the device manager displays "Samsun - Android" and I can mount the SD card with no issues.

However, when I try and run the updater, I get to the point where it asks me to connect the usb cable to the phone and PC... when I do, the device manager says M900. The updater will never connect and I cannot update the drivers so that the M900 can connect to the updater. Stays disconnected and detecting a port.

Anyone see this before? Have an idea what I can do to correct this. When I attach the phone the little dialog box that tells you that its installing new hardware fails to load a driver for this M900 device.

I've spent a couple of hours fooling around with this and quite frankly my frustration level is pretty high

Any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks.

When you connect the cable to the phone, is your phone in the Download screen?

(Download screen)
samsung_galaxy_spica_download_mode.jpg

If not, it will need to be.

Upvote 0
Anyone see this before? Have an idea what I can do to correct this. When I attach the phone the little dialog box that tells you that its installing new hardware fails to load a driver for this M900 device.

This is your whole problem. The drivers used to mount the SD card aren't the same ones needed to flash the phone. You can find 64bit drivers and instructions on this forum as well as SDX: SDX-Developers

Upvote 0
I installed what I thought were the 64bit PC Studio drivers... is this incorrect?

Samsung Moment | Random Tech Info

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT INSTALL the pc studio drivers... you have to go into Device Manager on your comp and uninstall EVERYTHING samsung related... after that, reboot the computer and install the following:

http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/samsung/executables/SamsungMoment_Update.exe

that should (IIRC) install the drivers you need along with the software to flash official 2.1 android... if you had already installed this, go ahead and uninstall it along with everything else samsung related... try this, and let us know how it works out...

Joey

p.s. sometimes you have to unplug/plug the phone a couple of times from the microusb for the computer to recognize and assign the com port... if that still doesn't work, reboot the phone... normally fixes the issue...

Reactions: Zenshooter
Upvote 0
Perfect... worked like a charm. Much appreciated... had it all loaded in about ten minutes after spending hours reading forums and watching youtube instructions.

Thanks again.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT INSTALL the pc studio drivers... you have to go into Device Manager on your comp and uninstall EVERYTHING samsung related... after that, reboot the computer and install the following:

http://www6.sprint.com/downloads/samsung/executables/SamsungMoment_Update.exe

that should (IIRC) install the drivers you need along with the software to flash official 2.1 android... if you had already installed this, go ahead and uninstall it along with everything else samsung related... try this, and let us know how it works out...

Joey

p.s. sometimes you have to unplug/plug the phone a couple of times from the microusb for the computer to recognize and assign the com port... if that still doesn't work, reboot the phone... normally fixes the issue...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones