1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Stumped x 2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by highgearofyourso, Aug 8, 2013.

1. highgearofyourso

None

Aug 8, 2013
    I think I have a battery issue but know very little about smart phones. My SII is about 1.5 years old.

Here's the situation....the phone is 100% charged.

When making calls, texting, even Pandora my phone works fine. the problems start when I access outlook email and the internet. As soon as I open a webpage or an my inbox the screen starts to flicker and then shuts off.

If I turn it back on is shows low battery warning. Something took it from 100% charged to 18% charged.

If I don't turn it back on > connect to charger, the battery icon shows it as completely dead and then after it registers it shows it back to 95% charged.

this started as random happenings but now it occurs everytime I use email or internet.

is my battery shot (and I need a new one) or is there something else I can do?

any suggestions appreciated.

thank you!

Advertisement

2. sno

sno Member
    None

May 8, 2011
    Male
    Full time electrical engineering student
    New Orleans, LA
    Is this the same battery you have been using for those 1.5 years? If so, it's time for a new battery. Lithium-ion batteries are rated for a certain number of charge/discharge cycles and it seems as though you have reached that limit.

You can find OEM (original equipment manufacturer) replacement batteries on amazon for much cheaper than buying directly from Samsung.