• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Is it bad that I sit here sometimes and just refresh the website?

*sigh*

My boss needs to give me more work hahaha.

P.S. Apparently I can't spell either.

Glad to see I'm not the only Phandroid stalker out there. I love this this freakin' website it's better than sex!! Ok, maybe not that good, but yes I love this place!!!

Upvote 0
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I've talked myself out of the SGSII and into the Bionic. The only real concern I have is the in-house-developed LTE chip. But, if Google is buying out Motorola Mobility, then, I'm going to gamble and say that it is a wondrous chip, indeed.

Does anybody else have a similar concern about Moto's LTE chip? If anything, I'd expect it to be as good or better than others currently on the market. Even if it's not "better" in some objective sense, I'm sure it's an ideal fit w/the OMAP CPU in the Bionic.

Upvote 0
The only reason I had a concern at all is that it is an 'untested' chip, since it is so new - and anything can happen. Rare is it that designers can conceive of every single real world experience that their product will experience, and thus thee is always a small chance that there is a design flaw that has made it into manufacturing, too late for anyone to do anything about.

However, Motorola has a long history of making very solid chips, so that is yet another plus in their favor....

Upvote 0
The only reason I had a concern at all is that it is an 'untested' chip, since it is so new - and anything can happen. Rare is it that designers can conceive of every single real world experience that their product will experience, and thus thee is always a small chance that there is a design flaw that has made it into manufacturing, too late for anyone to do anything about.

However, Motorola has a long history of making very solid chips, so that is yet another plus in their favor....

For sure. I'm hoping they built this chip with what wasn't working well on the existing LTE chip in mind (like battery life), addressing those issues, but not without considering factors that have not yet arisen. Anyway, I'll be a guinea pig. lol

Upvote 0
<--- Squeak Squeak!

I'LL be a guinea pig, what the heck...

guineapig.jpg

:p

Reactions: dalegg
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones