• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stupid compatibility filter in Play Store

nickdalzell

Extreme Android User
Jun 17, 2011
Owensboro, KY
OK, someone please tell Google to do away with that stupid compatibility filter Inside Play Store. It is always WRONG! I absolutely refuse to believe for a second that my Nexus 10 lacks the power to run EA's NBA JAM. It installed fine on my Galaxy Tab 2 but displays a nasty "not compatible with your device" on my Nexus. HORSE HOCKEY!

Wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't a pay app, if it were free I could simply side load it. Don't even have the option in Play Store what with all the false positives.

Heads up, looks like Amazon also has a compatibility checker on their app store now. it's WORSE than Google Play. it tried to deny compatibility for the YouTube app and a YouTube downloader for my Google TV box. of course, both ran perfectly fine although i had to hunt the APK down and force-install it by sideloading. Damn thing tried to tell me DropBox and Google Drive also weren't compatible. guess what? they run fine!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones