• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stupid DROID Tricks, Volume 1

droidism

Nov 10, 2009
I stumbled across the link below while searching and figured it may be helpful to someone else as it was helpful to me.

Most of the Tips and Tricks I was already aware of but there were two that I had no idea.

1. The power widget especially caught my eye because over the weekend I downloaded two widget shortcuts to allow me to "quickly" toggle GPS and Wifi on and off. I had no idea the widget was already built into the OS!

2. How to reposition icons on home screen.

Stupid DROID Tricks, Volume 1 | Tech Broiler | ZDNet.com

I accidentally found another cool tip today while using the Google navigation. Well it is not a tip but a cool feature nonetheless.

Today I decided it was time for me to experience for the first time navigation on the Droid. I punched in my destination which was a location I was familiar with and off I went with the guidance, albeit annoying, of the female companion. While navigating I received a call so I popped in my earpiece and assumed since I already knew where I was going it wouldn't be a big deal that the navigation was paused/stopped while on the phone. To my surprise the navigation continued through the earpiece and only I could hear it as the caller on the other end had no idea! Pretty cool!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones