• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stupid keis

brindall

Nov 25, 2010
ENGLAND
Hey guys,

Having problems with updating my phone to gingerbread. It starts off fine, i connect my sgs, it comes up with you need to run the update, so i start update. Move to accepting agreements. Then it asks me what i would like to back up. But after i choose what to back up, it says error occured, back up failed. So i just continue, the update says its preparing, then it says the same thing with that, error occured program will now close. So i try doing it by skipping the back up process, the same thing happens again.

Can anyone help?

Also i was reccomended that after each update i should do a factory reset, i did this after the froyo update, and obviously it gets rid of majority of things, and it does make the phone work better, but i want to be able to do it in such a way that i keep all the apps i have downloaded.

Bit of advice on both matters please guys.

Got in contact with samsung, turns out there are some corrupt versions of kies out there. If you uninstall your kies...then download it again from

www.samsung.com/uk

Just search for it on there that where i found mine. But when you go to update it befor you plug your phone in the usb..make sure your phone is completely idle... so use the TWlauncher....put it in flight mode....turn data connections of including bluetooth and wireless. Then plug in and off you go. Mine updated, and gingerbread is working like a charm. Its made the phone so much better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones