1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Stupid! not me or my phone (which is awesome!) but what just happened to me, thats whats stupid! lol

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by S4V4G3, Jun 1, 2011.

1. S4V4G3

S4V4G3 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    makin money
    oregon
    so i just typed out a big long introduction, n when i went to post, i guess i had been kicked or something, n made me sign in again, n erased all i had typed, n wouldnt reload when back browsed...STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

so heres my new intro: me was in iraq 2 years, me get phone for cheap, me new to android, phone droid eris, me root good, me flash kaosfroyo 2.2, me think it suck, me flash new rom, new rom GSB2.3, me like GB, me know this not for question, but me ask, me have newest working rom for me phone?

STUPID! anyways, just wanna know if im runnin the newest workin rom for my phone (cyanogenmod 7 nightly rom / gingerbreadshed rom....i guess lol), n if theres any more benes to root other than tether, roms, and better performance? any jedi mind trick stuff, or lazers, or just the previous mentioned?

Advertisement

2. SamuraiBigEd

SamuraiBigEd Under paid Sasquatch!
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Male
    Production, Warehouse & Installation Manager
    San Antonio, Texas
    Hey S4V4G3, welcome to the forums! Sorry, no lasers with root, but the benefits you mentioned are worth the effort. You can find out more about ROMs for your phone by checking here Eris - All Things Root - Android Forums

3. S4V4G3

S4V4G3 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    makin money
    oregon
    no lazers? dang! but im sure itll just me a matter of time lol so tether n roms will have to cut it till then lol

4. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation
    None

Dec 10, 2009
    Male
    Houston, TX
    He He ... No lasers but tether, removing bloatware, overclocking/underclocking and being able to truly customize your device is a nice consolation prize, don't you think.

BTW - Welcome to the forums.

5. RedneckDroid

RedneckDroid Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Retail Manager
    North Carolina
    I dont think lasers are included, but I know that all Droid phones can turn into Transformers when the time comes. Possibly October 21, 2011

6. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    S4V4G3, lol...your thread title certainly got my attention too ;).

As a proud owner of an HTC Droid Eris, running GSB 2.3 just like you, I can tell you that it looks like GSB is up to version 3.4:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=944430

I haven't updated my Eris for a while since my Droid X is my day-to-day phone and I use the Eris as a development phone. There is still activity in the Eris all-things-root forum that SamuraiBigEd so kindly linked above. There is also a newly-promoted Guide named doogald that is a constant presence in the Eris forums and has his pulse on what the current state of things are regarding the Eris. You'll also find this thread http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-root/279220-gingershedbread-gsb.html that he kindly posted for discussion about GSB.

If you are interested in other ROMs for the Eris, we usually "shop" for them on XDA, since that's where the ROM devs usually live:

Droid Eris Android Development - xda-developers

There are many of us that are members both here on AF and over at XDA, so you are likely to see some familiar names.

Welcome again to AndroidForums!

7. S4V4G3

S4V4G3 Lurker
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    makin money
    oregon
    the tethering is awesome, especially when ur internet goes down during double xp weekend (xbox360 black ops) n lucky me i had just rooted n found this app called "open garden wifi tether" so far best FREE wireless tether app ive found...even better than $10 paid version of easy tether, which, btw, u dont need to pay for to tether to consoles like it says, i found out after paying for it lol

...n right now im clockin at 748 max/729 min ondemand like a champ ;) but im not to sure what this mentioned "bloatware" is at all.....ads? like remove the ads, or....? (sorry noobs takin over again lol)

n for customizable features, i had more options with kaosfroyo 2.2 & adw launcher than im gettin from gbshed/c.mod7 night (whatever....lol) & launcherpro...but it runs so much better i can deal with a few stock points here n there....unless theres a better rom for me to run....?

...and thank you, it is good to be here....finally others who understand and/or care what the heck im talkin about lol oh n why is oct. 21 2011 special? can we make em change sooner (is that even a word? lol) i think mine might be a motorized skateboard like off ninja turtles lol *fingers crossed* lol

8. RedneckDroid

RedneckDroid Newbie
    None

Apr 22, 2011
    Retail Manager
    North Carolina
    Lol, remember a week or so back when the world was supposed to end? The same guy predicted it in October now lol. ;)

9. nuttmeg

nuttmeg Extreme Android User
    None

Feb 9, 2011
    Making you wonder?
    Lone Star State
    and also on july 4, but the sad thing is alot of peoples sold houses and clean out there bank accounts to give him the money cause they believed him and now they homeless.:thinking:

10. Bob Cat

Bob Cat Careful, They're sharp!!
    VIP Member
    None

Nov 17, 2010
    Midland's, South Carolina
    I'm running Condemned CCM7 Stripped2Hell on Both of my Eris's. Welcome to Android Forums where an answer is just a question away. Come see us we don't bite much. :D Eris - All Things Root - Android Forums