1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Stupid Notification Question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by XgeorgeX, Feb 26, 2010.

1. XgeorgeX

XgeorgeX Active Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I finally got my new eris last night, I dropped my first one and cracked the screen. The new one has a notification I wasn't getting before. When I get a new email on the new phone I get a notification that uses an @ and shows 300 and something unread emails. Before, on the phone that I dropped, I had a mail icon and it only showed like 1 or 2, whatever happened to be new since I last checked. Is there any way I can get it to notify me like it did before with the mail icon?

I tried to search this on google and on here however I didn't find anything. Also I really didn't know how to word it for the search. So if this is something that has been brought up before, sorry.

Advertisement

2. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Computer Technician / Systems Implementation Manag
    Buffalo, NY
    The @ means it's your gmail.

Did you use a different Gmail account last time than this time?

It might be fastest to go to http://www.gmail.com/ on your computer, and 'select all' and then Actions > Mark as read, and mark them all as read.

If you don't want to use your Gmail on your phone, just stop it from syncing.

Home > Settings > Data Synchronization > Gmail (uncheck the box for Gmail).

3. XgeorgeX

XgeorgeX Active Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I think I just figured out that my gmail notifications were probably turned off on the old phone but I had my mail notifications on and configured to look at my gmail as well. That would make me only see the mail notification and I could view the mail in my mail widget.

If this doesn't work I'll clear my inbox and use that option. Thanks