• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help stupid route 66 /Navigation

mr_pimms

Lurker
Jul 4, 2013
I have the HTC Desire HD and now ore than ever.....everytime i plug my phone into my computer to drop files onto my SD card the navigation boots up and asked me to purchase a dumb licence. It also is blocking the option to open and play files from my computer. Is there a connection? I have tried the debugging button but all it does is launce the nav app. please help. This i sthe first time it has acted like this.

That HTC navigation would be triggered when the DHD is put in a HTC car dock. The car dock's coded microUSB connector caused this, the phone "sees" pin 4&5 are jumped with an electrical resistance.
Dirt and fluff could work like a resistance or a bend pin could do the jumpering.
So you'd have a close look at the phone's and the cable's microUSB connector.
And I'd try an other cable.

Harry

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones