• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

stupid waves...phone got wet still works kinda?

bword

Android Enthusiast
Sep 14, 2010
CT
First off I wanted to know how many water dots are thier on our phones. I counted 2 on the battery back cover, one on the battery, and one of the phone itself. None of those changed color all white :D . Im on vacation in flordia and was standing at shore on the beach and I wasnt prepared for giant waves here. Waves soaked my shorts which had my phone in them. I realized it and pulled out the battery and let it sit. I attempted to turn it back on which it did however the lower buttons dont work. Basically they light up but they dont do anything. Im well within my warrenty but also have insurance. I let it sit in a bag of rice over night and still same issue. As of right now once I open a app I cant return to the home screen. Water dots or suggestions??

If you have insurance I suggest you use it. Ocean water is salty and can cause far more corrosion than regular water. I'd suggest you get a new phone.

Next time you go to the beach, put your phone in a zip lock bag to protect it from the accidental wave.

Got another captivate and this one happens to have 2.2 on it..seems like the home button doesnt work on this refurb unit. Unless they changed around what buttons do what. I noticed if i open the dock home app and hit the home button it will bring me back to the home screen. Is this a new thing with froyo??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones