• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stupidest Quote From A Pro Athlete

Not any particular quote, but I friggin hate it when an athlete gets interviewed and *completely* ignores the question. i.e.

Reporter - "so, mr. _______ your coach said you guys put a wrinkle in your gameplan specifically for tonight, do you think that's what put you over the edge"
Idiot - "well, you just gotta go out there and give it your best... we had faith in each other and just went out there and did our best"

Me - :thinking:

Upvote 0
Not any particular quote, but I friggin hate it when an athlete gets interviewed and *completely* ignores the question. i.e.

Reporter - "so, mr. _______ your coach said you guys put a wrinkle in your gameplan specifically for tonight, do you think that's what put you over the edge"
Idiot - "well, you just gotta go out there and give it your best... we had faith in each other and just went out there and did our best"

Me - :thinking:

So true.

Upvote 0
I had to google the exact quote I was looking for and came across all the gems... I hope I don't render the thread impudent

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious."
-Charles Shackleford of the NCSU basketball team

Sports Hollywood - Dumbest Sports Quotes

Some of the other gems I found on the site...

"Raise the urinals."
-Darrel Chaney on how management could keep the Braves on their toes

"I've had to overcome a lot of diversity."
-- Cavaliers forward Drew Gooden on the ups and downs of his NBA career

"I don't think there's anybody in this organization not focused on the 49ers... I mean Chargers."
-Bill Belichick

"We're not attempting to circumcise rules."
-Bill Cowher, Pittsburgh Steelers coach

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones