1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

stupidity

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by burtisgod, Jan 8, 2012.

1. burtisgod

burtisgod Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Hi all,
    I've been following this forum for ages but have just now done something stupid and would like some advice.

I had/have an HTC Sensation from Vodafone Ireland. I was able to use HTC Supertool to root and unlock bootloader. I installed titanium backup and rom manager and took a full backup on each. When I tried to use ROM Manager to flash a new ROM the installation would complete ok but the device just got stuck in a reboot cycle. After trying various ROMs and always restoring to my original backup I somehow corrupted my sd card so I am now left with a device that can load into recovery and install from sd (nothing on it) and that's it.

I downloaded some ROMs again and placed them on the sd root and can install this ok but again I'm just stuck on the HTC loading screen. Has been like this for 10 minutes so far.

Have I completely boned my phone?
    Thanks,
    Burt

Advertisement

2. MeepMeepChu

MeepMeepChu Member
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    Well to start with I would do a factory reset and clear cache, and whatever else your recovery mode will let you just to get the easy possibilities out of the way...

other than that, see if you can get your sd card connected to a computer so you can format it if needed and you can get a ROM on there and flash it the old fashioned way.

edit: by the way, if I understand this correctly, you have a bootloop there. if my tips aren't working for you you can try searching with that term & see if your problem's been answered by someone who has more experience with those than I do

3. dredg0r

dredg0r Member
    None

Oct 26, 2010
    Sales, design and production
    Hull, UK
    If i had to guess, which is all i can do considering i am a total n00b to rooting...

is your security set to S-off ? I heard people with the htc supertool are unable to deactivate it, maybe that is the problem.

(plz ppl help me with my post in Sensation - All things Root - Orange UK n00b help) I just need an explanation as to whether rooting will allow me to uninstall orange apps

4. mbatson89

mbatson89 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    UK
    What ROM was it you were trying to Flash? Assuming it was an ICS ROM (Android Revolution 6.0.x by any chance?) then it isn't something you've broken.

Right, head over to the Android Revolution XDA thread and grab the SuperWipe script and put this on your SD card. Download a ROM you want to flash (not the same ROM as previous) then:

- Boot into recovery
    - Wipe Cache
    - Wipe Dalvik cache
    - Flash Superwipe script (install from SD card)
    - Flash ROM

From there install your back ups from titanium to restore apps etc

Do not use ROM Manger to flash a ROM, better yet don't use it at all! Do everything manually through recovery

5. burtisgod

burtisgod Lurker
    None

Jan 8, 2012
    Hi guys
    Many thanks for replying.

It took me a few extra hours last night but I finally got a rom to flash and boot ok. I pretty much did what mbaston89 says above. I was trying all these roms and met with the same results but then started from scratch again. So now I have Android Revolution HD 6 and the only thing left to do is to flash the radio as my wifi isnt working.

Definitely a learning experience but something I would and am going to do again now that I've started.

Thanks again for the assist and I hope I can provide useful information to people here too.

6. mbatson89

mbatson89 Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 21, 2010
    UK
    Did you flash the firmware package before flashing ARHD 6.0.x? If so, i believe the new radio is already contained in that file