• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stylo lost Bluetooth and and wifi

After testing out lineage os 13 alpha version and being satisfied i restored data efs system and boot i made from katana rom and while it booted fine, turning on wifi or bluetooth cause it to fail. next i tried to do a kdz backup and while it worked, my bluetooth and wifi still refuse to work. i checked the mac addresses both times and it's not available on either is there something i need to wipe in system to fix?

After testing out lineage os 13 alpha version and being satisfied i restored data efs system and boot i made from katana rom and while it booted fine, turning on wifi or bluetooth cause it to fail. next i tried to do a kdz backup and while it worked, my bluetooth and wifi still refuse to work. i checked the mac addresses both times and it's not available on either is there something i need to wipe in system to fix?

thats the issue right there. you were on katana, which is a lollipop firmware. the op of my rom says to be on v20k before you flash. so kdz to v20k and things will probably work out.

Reactions: herminiachristian
Upvote 0
ok my brother has an lg g stylo without any problems, so i'm wondering if i can pull the recovery and mbn files from his phone to use with the tool

metro like yours? id say absolutely if it is. hope things work out for you and keep us updated with your progress. you could probably talk to MrObvious as he is having the same issues with his stylo as you are and maybe brainstorm between the two of you

Reactions: herminiachristian
Upvote 0
Capture_zpsv8bwuiol.png

Capture1_zpsqgtyhl6k.png

this is what i could pull from the kdz 6.0

Reactions: whoshotjr2006
Upvote 0
the MSM8974_G3 folder has a bunch of .mbn files sorted by region while the recovery folder has a bunch of folders named by the devices region with smart boot.bin files

Capture_zps3zi8cf4g.png

^ the MSM8974 folder

Capture2_zpskg0nbcfh.png

^ random folder in recovery (I don't have my brother's stylo yet so i'm not sure how i would get these files)

To add, thoguh i know lg bridge would not work as the phone has no download mode so it can't even detect it. installing bridge and plugging in the phone instead of giving me Qualcomm HS-USB qwloader 9008, windows gives me the this usb device is not recognized and shows up under usbc and displays as unknown device
i would have no idea what to even look for in my brother's stylo as it could be as easy as using a root explorer and just copy a file or use an app specified for the job.

Reactions: whoshotjr2006
Upvote 0
Capture_zpsrbfq41tu.png

Capture3_zpsjjoxxzvc.png

used win2diskmanget to write a H631EMMC20G.img to my sd-card, someone at xda did this and had the same problem but i noticed something
Capture2_zps5lqk2xfz.png

:thinking: for whatever reason lg up detects the phone without problems but i can't do anything as there is no up-dll for H631 (t-mobile) only MS631 (metro) despite them being the same phone.

Edit: if someone could upload an emmc backup of the metro version, that would be swell.

Last edited:
Reactions: CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
These instructions May be handy.

TO DO A FULL WIPE AND INSTALL MM - Open the LGUP on your computer . FILE PATH point it towards the MM KDZ.

IMPORTANT*****
Shut down LGUP!!!

Now open LGUP again - you will notice that the MM KDZ will still be showing in the FILE PATH section. Select REFURBISH
and ⭐ make sure BIN file is ticked.
Press Start. Be patient .
Let it completely reload and set.

Read this is Important.⭐

TO GO BACK TO LP FROM MM - Open LGUP on your computer, click on FILE PATH and point it towards your LP KDZ. ⭐ Close LGUP and re-open LGUP. Make sure you select REFURBISH this will do a full wipe, ⭐ tick BIN file.
Press Start.
Be patient . Let it reload completely .

If you are worried about losing your data after a full wipe, why not use the LG Bridge software to backup and restore.... it works fine!
YOU WILL LOSE ROOT!
There is no need to enter download mode! LGUP will do it for you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These instructions May be handy.

TO DO A FULL WIPE AND INSTALL MM - Open the LGUP on your computer . FILE PATH point it towards the MM KDZ.

IMPORTANT*****
Shut down LGUP!!!

Now open LGUP again - you will notice that the MM KDZ will still be showing in the FILE PATH section. Select REFURBISH
and ⭐ make sure BIN file is ticked.
Press Start. Be patient .
Let it completely reload and set.

Read this is Important.⭐

TO GO BACK TO LP FROM MM - Open LGUP on your computer, click on FILE PATH and point it towards your LP KDZ. Close LGUP and re-open LGUP. Make sure you select REFURBISH this will do a full wipe, ⭐ tick BIN file.
Press Start.
Be patient . Let it reload completely .

If you are worried about losing your data after a full wipe, why not use the LG Bridge software to backup and restore.... it works fine!
YOU WILL LOSE ROOT!
There is no need to enter download mode! LGUP will do it for you.
i'll try this out once i get the metro emmc dump and install the metro dll

Upvote 0
holy hell what a night.

so i flashed my newest lineage 14.1 build and starting using adb to push files to it trying to fix things. i realized i didnt have deodexed framework jars so i rebooted into windows and kdz'd back to v20k. dunno what happened this time but it sent my phone into a bootloop. it would reach android and then just die and bootloop indefinitely while getting hotter and hotter.

i fought with the damn thing for 4 hours until i remembered lg flash tool 2014. i tried to flash one of the newer kdz's like v20k or v20g and the program just didnt care for those. i said hell with it and decided to brick my phone like your guys' phones are, 9008 mode and flash v10i kdz. lg flash tool 2014 liked that kdz for some reason and started flashing it. i saw that it started flashing it and immediately hit cancel, then pulled the battery on my phone and restarted it.

at this point it was stuck in download mode and something just seemed different. it wouldnt attempt to load recovery or system at all, just booted straight into download mode. i said hell what can flashing v20k hurt now with lgup and did.

moral of the story, i got my phone back!

maybe this method could be of some use to you guys if you can get into download mode at all?

ask me anything you need to and ill give you my best answer. im still puzzled as to what happened but happy i got my phone back.

edit: also when i say i hit cancel, on my phone screen in download mode there is a little box at the bottom of the screen that shows the status when you kdz. as soon as it showed movement i hit cancel and pulled my battery. it started out as one line of text in the top of the box and then started showing movement and file activity, thats the point to hit cancel.

edit2: also worth it to note that nobody should try to kdz back to stock while lineage 13 or 14 is flashed on your phone. make sure to take a backup of your stock rom, and use twrp to restore that stock image before you try to kdz back to stock. ill make a giant bold underlined note of it in both of my rom threads since i think thats what caused my issues tonight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx4Zh8jozW-uQkZKRDNkX3B6TVk/view

gpt_main0.bin
gpt_both0.bin
gpt_backup0.bin
patch0.xml
rawprogram0.xml
rawprogram0_BLANK.xml
tried using qfil with prog_emmc_firehose_8916 which is for snapdragon 410 devices but still won't work.
all I get is this message

COM Port number:20
Sahara Connecting ...
Sahara Version:2
Start Sending Programmer
Download Fail:System.Exception: Unable to download Flash Programmer using Sahara Protocol

at QC.QMSLPhone.Phone.QPHONEMS_SaharaArmPrgDownload(String sFileName)

at QC.SwDownloadDLL.SwDownload.QPHONEMSSaharaDownloadArmPrg(UInt64& version, String armPrgPath)
Download Fail:Sahara FailSahara Fail
Finish Download

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones