• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stylus has gone haywire

Some of you may have seen my post on the JB thread where i confirmed that JELLY BEAN IS OUT......*Cough*....that my Stylus is kinda broke.

I pulled an all nighter, playing Fifa. At 6am, full of tirdeness i go downstairs and make a cuppa, taking my Note with me. I go on the Stylus while the tea is stewing, then without realising, stick the Stylus into the tea to stir it, thinking i had hold of a spoon...

So anyway when i go to use the Stylus, it's extra sensitive, i detects it from like a Cm away from the screen and picks it up. I can now 'click' things by tapping the air a CM above the screen. It's awkward because i'm hitting things by accident now and the Writing-to-text is nigh on impossible.

I'm thinking the boiling hot tea has had an adverse affect on the magnet in the Pen.

Anyone agree?

I would pull the tip out and let the pen dry. Put a new tip in and see what you get.

My pen was acting crazy last night, mind you I did not stir tea with it ;), but a new tip made it act fine. For the life of me I don't know why all of a sudden the tip would be bad. Only had this tablet for about 3 weeks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones