1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

SU Binary not installed

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Dash909, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Dash909

Dash909 Lurker

Please help me, I got supersu installed but when I open it I get this message: "There is no SU binary installed and SuperSU cannot install it. This is a problem!". I don't have any root access (I checked using root checker). I rooted my tablet and I don't get that message before. I tried to root my tablet again these past few days but I can't, I used different rooting apps to root my tablet but it is always a fail. Can someone help me?

2. Dash909

Dash909 Lurker

I also remembered after rooting my tablet, I updated my software.

3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Hello Dash909:)
    Welcome to AF!
    And therein lies your issue..you updated while rooted which, more often than not, will break root.
    You'll need to find a way to re-root with your updated software.
    What tablet do you have and what Android version did you update to?

Brian706 and Johndave like this.
  4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Also,did you actually flash the binaries via your custom recovery or just install the app? As mentioned, upgrading will break root and installing the app alone will not root the device. If you have a custom recovery installed, you may be able to install the binaries from the app.

5. Dash909

Dash909 Lurker

I got Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and I updated to android version 4.1.2

6. Dash909

Dash909 Lurker

I'am a total noob to these stuffs. I didn't installed the app, I got it after rooting my tablet. What do you mean if I have a custom recovery installed? I'm so sorry I'm very new to this stuff.

7. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Bumping this thread via my device so I can find it easier when I get to a computer. Either I or someone can move this into your device forum so others with your device can help too [emoji1]

Edit: lol, I just realized there are 3 forums for the Tab 3.
    Do you have the Tab 3 7", Tab 3 8", or the Tab 3 10.1" ?

#7 Mikestony, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014