1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

SU prompt for app doesn't allow me to press "Grant"

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crackface, Jan 28, 2015.

1. crackface

crackface Member

Hi -

I'm a new T700 user. Got it home and immediately rooted it via instructions here:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/gal...icial-chainfire-cf-auto-root-sm-t700-t2960171

That seemed to have worked fine. I booted to recovery, and the only issue then was it was erroring when trying to load 2 different ROMs I was trying. See here for my post showing the error message if that matters:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-tab-s/help/8-5-to-recovery-error-installing-image-t3010758

Someone recommended using TWRP, so I installed that, and my ROM load worked like a charm.

So now I have the Cyanogenmod 11 for SM-T700 ROM loaded, and everything appeared to work fine until I went to install an app that needed root. It would prompt Deny/Grant, but would not let me press the Grant button, only the Deny. I then looked for SU in my app drawer, and I found none. I tried installing one of them from the playstore (not sure exactly which, but it was the blue "#"), but that didn't do the trick. I then figured I'd try rerooting (took nandroid backup first) this ROM. It took, but when I rebooted there was still no SU. I tried an app that triggers the SU prompt, and found a dialog box in the background telling me to update SU. I did, and finally I could see SU in my app drawer. I loaded the app that triggers the SU prompt and got a different looking SU prompt, but still would not let me hit the grant button.

I'm not sure what my next step should be here, but I don't know if I've lost root or if something else is going on, anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. crackface

crackface Member

I couldn't figure out how to delete this post, but I think I'm all set. I flashed back to stock, rerooted, and reflashed ROM and all is working well.

Well Done Sheldon and EarlyMon like this.