• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SU request and Backup problems

brmayhem

Feb 9, 2010
FL
I am currently having problems getting root access and opening Titanium Backup. I previously had BH_MAN's 1.6 r4 installed and I did not have these problems and now that I'm under 1.6 r7 I cannot get rid of them.

1. Root - When I type 'su' in the phone's terminal nothing happens
If I click on the superuser app I see nothing but a blank screen

2. Titanium - I cannot get the application to work;
When opening the app I see the loading window and then the
window goes blank, permanently.

Seems to be a rooting problem. So far I've re-Odin twice, rebooted several times and factory resets. Thanks for any help.

So I am having the same / similar problems. I was running R6 with apps stored on SD. I flashed to R7 and all of my apps showed up immediately. I tried to run Titanium to restore data / settings and it failed. All of my attempts to get SU failed ( I had set USB Debug, but thought maybe it was misreporting its status so I switched off and on again with a reboot and SU test in between at each reboot). At this point I tried removing my SD card and rebooting - after which I was able to finally get SU. I then popped the SD card in and rebooted and I was then able to get SU for TI Backup. Most apps were failing to launch (FC), so I tried a full restore from TI and still have the same issue. I will try ODIN and again and see if that helps.

K

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones