1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sub-forum for apps

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by stancrazy, Feb 21, 2011.

1. stancrazy

stancrazy Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 15, 2011
    Since apps behave differently on different phones it would be nice to have a phone specific sub forum for apps. When I have an app issue I don't want an answer from a guy using a captivate. I think it would keep lots of posts out of general and in its own easy to find area.

Advertisement

2. UserName872

UserName872 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    Network Administrator
    Philadelphia, PA
  3. AndreaCristiano

None

Dec 12, 2010
    NJ
  4. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Hello stancrazy.

I have not seen much discussion about device app sub-forums, so I've moved your post to the Suggestion Box and Feedback forum where the Admins check often.

As it is, and I'm sure you know, there is a big Android Applications forum (Android Applications - Android Forums) with several sub-forums there, but none device specific (beyond the occasional thread begun by a user interested in apps for their device only).

My opinion is that such a sub is not needed, for the reason that when apps are discussed, questioned or suggested, those threads remain active for a while, then drop off. The other subs are needed in order to structure the device forums as best we can, and those four subjects: rooting, support, tips & tricks and accessories (not so sure about that one ;)), wont "drop off" in use much at all (we're constantly having to move threads and individual posts out of the big device generic area to those four subs).

But we do see a "reviews" sub for the EVO 4G, so special cases are honored from time to time.

Let's see how it flies. ;)

5. Roze

Roze Hiding behind a mystery
    None

Jan 20, 2010
    Where the Sakura grows
    Most Android apps work for certain OS versions of Android and usually across all of the phones with that OS versions. There are always issue that the developer may have from phone to phone if the OEM coded their phones differently from what Google published. If that's the case, it is best to email the developer about that issue so that he/she can fix it in the next update. As Frisco mentioned, we have a general Application Forum. If the app you've posted is only for your phone, an example is noLED, then it usually stays in the general area of your phone specific forum. If it's a general app, it is usually moved to the Application forum.

Frisco likes this.
  6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    None

This.

Other it goes in the Support/Troubleshoot of your phone forum. An individual Applications forum for each phone would probably not garner enough activity and people will end up not posting in it.