• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sublime fans!

You're missing my point bruh. It's not the music. Covers are great. I respect cover songs. It's the name that they used and the way they went about it that irks me.

finding a new frontman and trying to move on you mean? pretty sure just about every band who's ever lost a frontman has done that. no, most don't succeed, but it doesnt mean the rest of the band isn't talented.

and I think you're missing the point. it doesn't matter what you think, but rather what Brad would think. I'm not referring to cover songs. I'm talking about how much Brad loved music, that he would take little bits of his favorite songs and share them with people. And no one can speak for him, BUT if you know a lot about his life and personality, you should know that most likely he would be pleased. :)

Upvote 0
finding a new frontman and trying to move on you mean? pretty sure just about every band who's ever lost a frontman has done that. no, most don't succeed, but it doesnt mean the rest of the band isn't talented.

and I think you're missing the point. it doesn't matter what you think, but rather what Brad would think. I'm not referring to cover songs. I'm talking about how much Brad loved music, that he would take little bits of his favorite songs and share them with people. And no one can speak for him, BUT if you know a lot about his life and personality, you should know that most likely he would be pleased. :)

Youre still missing the point. >.< I cant keep explaining the same thing, so Ill take this time to agree to disagree and enjoy the music of Brad.

Upvote 0
This is definitley an agree to disagree thing but the statement of them doing covers doesn't bother you but them using the name does? That doesnt make sense. I'm not against either. But to say that the original band members using the name is worse than a cover band is ridiculous.

How would it be alright for a band, like the band Bad Fish for example, use Sublimes hard work to make money by covering their songs while making a name for themselves and open doors for their other band 'Scotty Doesn't Know'? How is that alright but its not for the original surviving members of the band to open doors for themselves?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones