1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Sublime fans!

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by Tslide91, Jun 15, 2011.

1. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Verizon Wireless Sales, Traveling Musician
    finding a new frontman and trying to move on you mean? pretty sure just about every band who's ever lost a frontman has done that. no, most don't succeed, but it doesnt mean the rest of the band isn't talented.

and I think you're missing the point. it doesn't matter what you think, but rather what Brad would think. I'm not referring to cover songs. I'm talking about how much Brad loved music, that he would take little bits of his favorite songs and share them with people. And no one can speak for him, BUT if you know a lot about his life and personality, you should know that most likely he would be pleased. :)

Advertisement

2. McLabia

McLabia Android Expert
    None

Mar 18, 2011
    Male
    Working...
    City of Sharks to the City of Live Music!
    Youre still missing the point. >.< I cant keep explaining the same thing, so Ill take this time to agree to disagree and enjoy the music of Brad.

3. tommy_ed

tommy_ed Android Expert
    None

Feb 26, 2010
    Verizon Wireless Sales, Traveling Musician
    what exactly is your point? because i feel like i've addressed every point you've made

4. jree

jree Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 11, 2009
    keepin up with the jones'
    at your house when your not there
    This is definitley an agree to disagree thing but the statement of them doing covers doesn't bother you but them using the name does? That doesnt make sense. I'm not against either. But to say that the original band members using the name is worse than a cover band is ridiculous.

How would it be alright for a band, like the band Bad Fish for example, use Sublimes hard work to make money by covering their songs while making a name for themselves and open doors for their other band 'Scotty Doesn't Know'? How is that alright but its not for the original surviving members of the band to open doors for themselves?