1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Substantial LTE signal increase in Chicago?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eyc, Jan 5, 2012.

1. eyc

eyc Well-Known Member

Has anyone located in the loop experienced better LTE reception since last night? I've been getting full bars all day in my office (and last night), whereas, usually, I get 1-2 bars.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gallandof

gallandof Android Expert

im not in the chicago area, but yesterday i notcied I was getting 4 bars of 4g at work where as I usually only get 1-2. I'm rooted running axiom 2.2

3. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

I noticed yesterday, too. Actually wrote down the times and a much better signal strength (and an extra bar) at the office!

Interesting!

4. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

I haven't been back to the city since Tuesday morning, but most of this week and last week, I'd lose 4G on the north side of the city, all the time, and I thought it was weird, since I never seem to lose 4G out in the burbs. I'll let you know if things are different when I head downtown, tomorrow.

5. efdisaster

efdisaster Well-Known Member

Didn't go to the Northside today, but I'm on the Near West Side, now, outside, and on 3G. Ogden & Lake, seems like the kinda place that should be swimming in good 4G.

6. Ken7

Ken7 Android Expert

No change in N.Y. Still pretty unimpressive signal strength & penetration.

7. Ruben

Ruben Android Expert

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews