• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

subtitles problem on Android TV box

Hello
Recently I bought a Google Android 4.0 TV Box Visson ATV-108.
Trying to watch .avi video movies I realized that all subtitles are chinese though .srt exists and on my Media player subtitles are on my own language (Greek).
How to change subtitles? I do not see any such adjustment in settings.
Someone to help me please?

I've made some changes to videoplayer app which comes with all amlogic based devices and now I need subtitle files for testing...

Please share your subtitles with me by sending any subtitle file (movie doesn't matter) to subtitles at wgmetal.hr.

For testing I need subtitles with theese encodings:
Arabic, Baltic, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew, Icelandic and Nordic.

Share here if you sent something to me and what you sent to me, for everyone else to know. I don't want to have full inbox with same subtitles :)

Upvote 0
I've made some changes to videoplayer app which comes with all amlogic based devices and now I need subtitle files for testing...

Please share your subtitles with me by sending any subtitle file (movie doesn't matter) to subtitles at wgmetal.hr.

For testing I need subtitles with theese encodings:
Arabic, Baltic, Cyrillic, Greek, Hebrew, Icelandic and Nordic.

Share here if you sent something to me and what you sent to me, for everyone else to know. I don't want to have full inbox with same subtitles :)

Well, my friend, I am completely beginner on such devices like android TV Box..
At first. I will try to download and install MX Video player which choice seems to me less hard, maybe I will be able with MX to see Greek subtitles.
In anyway, independently if that will be successful or not, I will try also following your advise because I am full of curiosity..
But please, explain to me, what are you asking me for, because I am not sure if I understand, you know, my English are not the best..
Are you asking me to send you Greek .srt files or what?

Upvote 0
Well, my friend, I am completely beginner on such devices like android TV Box..
At first. I will try to download and install MX Video player which choice seems to me less hard, maybe I will be able with MX to see Greek subtitles.
In anyway, independently if that will be successful or not, I will try also following your advise because I am full of curiosity..
But please, explain to me, what are you asking me for, because I am not sure if I understand, you know, my English are not the best..
Are you asking me to send you Greek .srt files or what?

I made changes to my firmware and to videoplayer application. For now it is tested to be working with Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, Cyrillic, Central and Eastern Europe and Western Europe. Needs more testing, will publish it soon.

Reactions: matinaki
Upvote 0
Hi,
here's a few subtitles in Cyrillic
I'm from Bulgaria.
DOX.bg -

Thanx. I actually made changes to mediaplayer. Will release firmware update later today or tomorrow. Still don't know if it's gonna be ICS or 2.3.4. If I'm lucky enough it will be ics 4.0.3 with samba support.

Reactions: petar petrov
Upvote 0

Thanx, I already made changes to my firmware... follow this thread:
http://androidforums.com/google-tv/...dmi-google-tv-box-arm-cortex-a9-firmware.html

I released my newest firmware today, it's on last page. Firmware is for Visson ATV-108 rev 1 (AML8726M chipset, c03ref board). Use DeviceChecker app to do a check if you have the right device (also on last page of thread).

Subtitle encoding can be set from subtitle settings dialog (where you can choose subtitle font size, color...)

Upvote 0
Thanx, I already made changes to my firmware... follow this thread:
http://androidforums.com/google-tv/...dmi-google-tv-box-arm-cortex-a9-firmware.html

I released my newest firmware today, it's on last page. Firmware is for Visson ATV-108 rev 1 (AML8726M chipset, c03ref board). Use DeviceChecker app to do a check if you have the right device (also on last page of thread).

Subtitle encoding can be set from subtitle settings dialog (where you can choose subtitle font size, color...)

Well my friend, I watch that thread above already, many times per day..(I guess many other people too) full of interest..:):):)
Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones