1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Sudden Battery Drain Issue???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Smudgie, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Smudgie

Smudgie Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    I have been experiencing pretty good battery life until a few days ago. My battery performance seems to have decreased by at least 30% over night. I cannot figure what the issue is. I have the System Panel app installed on my Dinc. Can this app tell me if there is an app causing the sudden battery drain? If so, how? Also, any other suggestions on what is causing this sudden battery drain? Thanks in advance for any help.

Advertisement

2. WhizGidget

WhizGidget Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    Female
    Install anything new? My battery has been going down since installing Words with Friends and Minimalistic Text (even though I don't have it on screen for anything, it's constantly starting up).

Have you checked Settings > About Phone > Battery > Battery Use to see what has been using it?

3. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    You might also check to make certain you are enjoying the same level of 3g you've had in the past. If your Dinc is struggling at any time during the day to make a connection it will put an extreme drain on your battery. I hope you get to the bottom of your problem.

4. Smudgie

Smudgie Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    I did this and here are my results:

Android System: 55%
    Cell Standby: 19%
    Display: 18%
    Phone idle: 8%

There was an app that I had just installed that was drawing 6% but I don't really need that so I uninstalled it. Can anyone comment on those numbers and come up with any recommendations? Thanks

5. superchaos

superchaos Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Mira Loma, CA
    I had reset my phone after a warranty repair and my battery was only lasting 6 hours (not really being used). Turns out it was my mail app checking mail every 15 minutes draining the battery. I set it to check once a day and battery life went back to normal. It has to be an app that is checking in. My battery use is mostly Cell Standby. When Android System has a high usage rate, a program is requiring the OS to work.

6. dkokin

dkokin Lurker
    None

Mar 13, 2011
    I have a CPU gauge installed on my nexus s. It shoots to 99% when I play Words with Friends. That's a problem.

7. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    HMM, I had my email set to check once day in the past (so I could do it on demand). But I just checked and it was set to 15 min! I've been having sudden battery drain issues this past week, and I'm hoping that was it. All of sudden, my phone's battery starting draining much much quicker than before.

8. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Cincy
    I just installed this and while it is fun to play it force closes all the damn time. But I will have to definitely keep an eye on this along with the battery.