• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden Battery Drain Issue???

Smudgie

Apr 5, 2010
I have been experiencing pretty good battery life until a few days ago. My battery performance seems to have decreased by at least 30% over night. I cannot figure what the issue is. I have the System Panel app installed on my Dinc. Can this app tell me if there is an app causing the sudden battery drain? If so, how? Also, any other suggestions on what is causing this sudden battery drain? Thanks in advance for any help.

Install anything new? My battery has been going down since installing Words with Friends and Minimalistic Text (even though I don't have it on screen for anything, it's constantly starting up).

Have you checked Settings > About Phone > Battery > Battery Use to see what has been using it?

I did this and here are my results:

Android System: 55%
Cell Standby: 19%
Display: 18%
Phone idle: 8%

There was an app that I had just installed that was drawing 6% but I don't really need that so I uninstalled it. Can anyone comment on those numbers and come up with any recommendations? Thanks

Upvote 0
I had reset my phone after a warranty repair and my battery was only lasting 6 hours (not really being used). Turns out it was my mail app checking mail every 15 minutes draining the battery. I set it to check once a day and battery life went back to normal. It has to be an app that is checking in. My battery use is mostly Cell Standby. When Android System has a high usage rate, a program is requiring the OS to work.

Upvote 0
I had reset my phone after a warranty repair and my battery was only lasting 6 hours (not really being used). Turns out it was my mail app checking mail every 15 minutes draining the battery. I set it to check once a day and battery life went back to normal. It has to be an app that is checking in. My battery use is mostly Cell Standby. When Android System has a high usage rate, a program is requiring the OS to work.

HMM, I had my email set to check once day in the past (so I could do it on demand). But I just checked and it was set to 15 min! I've been having sudden battery drain issues this past week, and I'm hoping that was it. All of sudden, my phone's battery starting draining much much quicker than before.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones