• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sudden Battery Drain

artbytes

Android Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2011
I have an S3 on ATT. My software is 4.1.2. My battery has always lasted from early in the morning to about 9:30 pm at night - barring any special circumstances.

However, for the last week, my battery has had to be changed (swapped for a full battery that I carry with me) at about lunch time. No changes could account for this. I did download two apps, one for viewing an html doc that was on my phone and one for editing an html doc that was also on my phone. That was all.

I have an app named "Carat" that tells which apps are using the most power. The same big users were listed, just as before. There was no change there, and the new apps were not listed.

I did uninstall a few of the apps with the biggest usage. That gave me about 2 more hours, but I'm still no where near what I was a week ago.

Please tell me of any reasons that you know why the batteries should suddenly run down so quickly. My extra batteries and the charger are all Samsung batteries a Samsung charger.

Also, are there any apps that can tell me what is using the battery power?

Thanks for your help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones