1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sudden battery performance increase

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 3ricG, May 24, 2011.

1. 3ricG

3ricG Well-Known Member

I have had this thunderbolt for 2-3 weeks now and I've loved it. Like most people, I experienced battery issues. With adjustments to improve battery performance, it would only last 8 hours... until yesterday. Suddenly my battery started getting 14 joys of battery life! The only change I've made is that I don't turn the phone off to charge it. Also, I let the battery drain until the phone died (only once). I have heard that you have to "wear in" the battery before it gets good performance, but I wasnt expecting almost doubled battery life!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. DJ_10

DJ_10 Well-Known Member

My battery is lasting pretty good as well. I took off my extended battery. I was using a htc express one but it died quickly. Then i put back in the 1400 and it lasted all day.

3. Bulldog1970

Bulldog1970 Newbie

My battery used to go down about 4-5% per hour. The past week or so, it has dropped to 2-3% per hour. So, after 12 hours, I still have 65-70% left!
    I have 4G on all the time and have done so since I bought the phone over a month ago.

4. dachillfx

dachillfx Well-Known Member

I feel all of you. It seems after the update I can't kill the battery. It could be that the update addressed battery concerns, but verizon chose to not say anything just in case there were anymore complaints. I say that was a wise call I can now consistently go from 5am to 9pm and still have 60-50% power left(no exaggerating) thatz with telephone calls, texts, checking emails, listening and downloading music, watching videos,running apps etc. IMHO Battery issues solved...Anyone agree?

5. mtalinm

mtalinm Newbie

same here. it's so much better that I stopped using JuiceDefender

6. DJ_10

DJ_10 Well-Known Member

Still. I hope Gingerbread makes the battery even better. Imo, i think the battery and screen are the only adv. the Charge has. I played with one today at work. Felt like i was using a Samsung Omnia 2. Thing is big and those buttons are so 2009 lol

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews