• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden drop in service reception (only at home)

caluwaek

Lurker
Nov 21, 2012
Yesterday evening, arriving at home whilst making a call the call dropped and since then I was unable to call. Reception at & around are home was always not perfect but not as such that we had no connection at all.
My wife is with the same operator and she had the normal reception (Iphone 4). I switched SIM cards and my SIM card in her phone was working as well.

When I reboot the S3 I have (poor) reception for 1 minute or so before it drops back to nothing. (nothing = a grey triangle or 'emergency calls only'). When I try to register manually on the network it didn't show my own operator at first but then when it started showing it I got an error message that I could not register on the network)

I'm sitting at work now and on my way here as well as here my phone is showing a good reception. (like normal).

With the data I have it seems like the problem is a sudden compatiblity issue between my phone and the antenna near my home... very strange.

Anybody has any suggestions? Lack of a landline at my place makes it a slight problem that exactly at my home the reception is no longer working...

I'd try this:

1. Power down the S3, then remove the battery and SIM card and let them sit for 10 minutes or so.

2. Re-install the SIM card and battery and power it up. This will allow it to re-establish the network connection.

Also, make sure the ten small screws holding the back on are snug.

If the problem still exists you may have a bad phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones