• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden Keyboard Change

gaucholax

Feb 10, 2011
Yesterday when I woke up my keyboard had suddenly changed to some new style that I absolutley cannot stand.

Instead of showing the letters as you type them and presenting you with possible word choices under the word box, it instead puts the letters you type into a vertical box and does not put any letters into the message box until you select one of the possible choices. If you do not select one and only press space it selects one (often wrong) choice for you. please.. HELP.

I had deleted some old apps (games) that I didn't use the night before but I cannot image that is the cause of this problem. Please work with me so I can tolerate texting again

This is a picture of my problem. Sorry for the rotation issue:

http://i.imgur.com/K00Ss.jpg

Per your screen shot, you're using the Swype keyboard. Is that what you normally use? It sounds like you may want to use the multi-touch keyboard. If that's the case, long press in any text area, clikck on input method and choose multi-touch keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones