• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden LOSS of signal without warning.

2 month old HTC Sensation 4G

I've noticed that just recently (PERHAPS could around the same time as when I added OUTLOOK SECURITY (VERY well known virus, malware, phishing, software) to the phone) that the phone without warning would just DISCONNECT from a call. I hear a BEEP and it's disconnected.

I notice while in the house, sitting in a chair without moving, the signal strength changes from 5 to 2 to 5.. and just keeps moving every once in a while..

I also noticed a few times that the signal bars would DISAPPEAR for a FRACTION OF A SECOND and then reappear with FULL STRENGTH.. Similar to someone FLICKING THE LIGHT SWITCH under the bars. I am guessing at that very moment, the call is disconnected.

I also notice that if I call that person back then it can be showing that there is a call being made out (timer counts up) but it's DEAD SILENT. Then either I give up or suddenly it just starts ringing thru 10 seconds later. OR the person picks up the phone even thru it didn't have any ring thru sound on my end.

I am wondering has ANYONE noticed this before????? and could this be because of the new software??

I've also been told that my voice now is not clear and cuts out every so often. Put on speaker phone and they can't make out anything that is being said even though they sound clear as day on my end..

I have put in a new sim card, removed battery, COLD started it again.. won't fix it!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones