1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Sudden multiple issues in Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by C03LH0, Aug 21, 2012.

1. C03LH0

C03LH0 Lurker

Hi, guys.

It has been a few days now since my Nexus (running 4.1.1 Jelly Bean) began to have really frustrating issues.

I noticed it at first when suddenly my ringtone had changed without me doing anything. I didn`t mind it at first because I thought maybe I had accidentally done so and I would change it back later.

Then, after taking a picture, I attempted opening Gallery only to see it crash ("Gallery has stopped"). It won`t even start. I then attempted to use the camera for filming and it wouldn`t let me use it, as it would also crash. It`s weird because I can take pictures, but cannot film.

Okay, that had already puzzled me, so I started opening other stuff on the phone to see if there would be more issues, and I realized I couldn`t play music in Google Play, and it would say that it was not possible to play it.

Really weird, since I can play them on Mortplayer, and i can see my previous pics and videos in Quickpic, so it seems I`m having no problem with third party apps.

Then, last but not least, the phone wouldn`t connect to my PC through USB anymore. It charges, but I cannot access my phone files from my computer since it won`t mount up. Not even in the "camera mode" (PTP). As for the MTP , I get an error 10 code even after reinstalling the drivers again and again.

Also, remember the ringtones issue? I can`t change it. All i`m stuck with is a "Unknown ringtone" and all the different default ringtones that were available before are gone.

This is really weird. I can access photos and videos through other apps, but something screwed up my phone pretty bad and i don`t know what it is. All these issues began suddenly and simultaneously.

Can someone connect the dots here? What could it be? I`m thinking it could have something to do with the Jelly Bean update. Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY

I would recommend when your phone gets crazy like that, to back up your data, and do a factory reset. Sometimes wires can get crossed, especially during updates.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews