• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sudden onset MMS issues

turbomentor

May 14, 2010
Pace FL
Experiencing a new problem...sigh.

I began to notice this on Saturday when I went to send a picture message. Got an error message (Unable to send messge. Retrying. General network failure). Hmm. Tried several times and of course I rebooted my phone etc. No luck. Gave up.

Now today, had a friend send me a picture message. Got the notification of a new text message, and told phone to download it...again got the same message (Unable to retrieve message. Retrying. General Network failure.). Hmm.

So...anyone else, or is it just me. Have had my phone since day 1 and NEVER seen this one before. Using HandCent (not that it matters) because I've used HC almost since the first day and have sent/received many many MMS messages. Thoughts on how to troubleshoot and proceed?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones