• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sudden problem with newly shot movies on S8.

mitkroy

Lurker
Mar 20, 2023
All of a sudden every time I shoot a movie on my Samsung S8 it shows at the bottom of the list in the gallery, instead of the top as it used to and when I open OpenMTP on my Mac (the app I use to transfer movies from my S8 to my Mac), the latest movies don’t show up. Why has this suddenly changed? My other S8 is fine - newly shot movies show at the top in the gallery app and show up in OpenMTP so I can drag them across to my Mac computer..

Sounds like the Gallery sorting option got changed. Check it's as descending rather than ascending order to show most recent items at the top.

Screenshot_20230321_032110_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I can't seem to find where the sorting options are..
Also, the other movies that were shot prior to this happening are showing in the same order as before, newest on top.
it's just every movie I shoot now shows at the bottom.
Weird.
I'm not sure that changing the order would make a difference to whether the movies are visible in OpenMTP - all the movies prior to this happening are still visible and can be dragged onto my Mac. Just new movies I shoot (that show at the bottom of the gallery's list), are not visible in OpenMTP.
Again, it's weird behaviour..

Upvote 0
I can't seem to find where the sorting options are..
Also, the other movies that were shot prior to this happening are showing in the same order as before, newest on top.
it's just every movie I shoot now shows at the bottom.
Weird.
I'm not sure that changing the order would make a difference to whether the movies are visible in OpenMTP - all the movies prior to this happening are still visible and can be dragged onto my Mac. Just new movies I shoot (that show at the bottom of the gallery's list), are not visible in OpenMTP.
Again, it's weird behaviour..

The only thing I can think of that would cause that, was if the phone's date and time were incorrect when the videos were made. And so the newly shot videos may show a creation date prior to the other videos.

On my Note20 the Gallery sorting order is found by tapping the three-dots/hamburger icon top right. Gallery app on S8 maybe different.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
That was it, the date and time was set two months in the future.
Thank you!
I still can't find the sorting order. I did originally try the three dots, but there's no sorting order in the menu.
There is a settings option but in the settings there's no sorting order option I can see.

Do you know if there's a way to change the time stamp dates on movies in the phone?

Upvote 0
Yes, they play on the phone OK, but the problem was the time and date was incorrectly set on the phone.
I misunderstood and thought there was also a transfer problem. I'm glad that @mikedt had the solution.

On my Samsung using the stock gallery app I can open the image, click on the three dot and choose details, then edit.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones